Andy Whitfield to Be Honored With 'Spartacus' Marathons
In honor of Welsh actor Andy Whitfield who passed away on September 11, Starz would run two kinds of "Spartacus: Blood and Sand" season 1 marathon. Beginning at 9:00 P.M. on Sunday, October 2, the tribute includes fan favorite episodes to showcase his most memorable performances.
In the press release, Starz said there will be five episodes including the premiere and finale episodes. They did not reveal the other three. And then the network is set to re-air the entire season of the series on December 16, just a month before the new season starts January 2012 with Liam McIntyre replacing Whitfield.
Whitfield, who plays the titular character on the series, was diagnosed with Stage 1 non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in early March of 2010 while he was preparing the second season shooting. Starz decided to wait for the actor to recuperate, but he gave the network a blessing to find him a replacement. McIntyre was found through audition.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'