Andy Whitfield to Be Honored With 'Spartacus' Marathons
In honor of Welsh actor Andy Whitfield who passed away on September 11, Starz would run two kinds of "Spartacus: Blood and Sand" season 1 marathon. Beginning at 9:00 P.M. on Sunday, October 2, the tribute includes fan favorite episodes to showcase his most memorable performances.
In the press release, Starz said there will be five episodes including the premiere and finale episodes. They did not reveal the other three. And then the network is set to re-air the entire season of the series on December 16, just a month before the new season starts January 2012 with Liam McIntyre replacing Whitfield.
Whitfield, who plays the titular character on the series, was diagnosed with Stage 1 non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in early March of 2010 while he was preparing the second season shooting. Starz decided to wait for the actor to recuperate, but he gave the network a blessing to find him a replacement. McIntyre was found through audition.
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army
- Meghan Trainor to Release New Song 'I'm a Lady'