Kevin Costner Exits 'Django Unchained' Due to Scheduling Issue
Kevin Costner will not star in Quentin Tarantino's drama "Django Unchained" at last. Variety's Justin Kroll has broken the news via Twitter, writing that the 56-year-old movie veteran has quit the project due to scheduling conflict.
While further details of his departure are still under wraps, it is assumed that his involvement in Zack Snyder's "Man of Steel" is the reason why he left "Django". Besides, he has other jobs on his sleeves, including a miniseries on History Channel, "The Hatfields and the McCoys", and a movie "A Little World of Our Own", where he serves as the director.
Back in July, it was reported that Costner was in talks to play a sadistic role in "Django Unchained". Costner, who won an Oscar for his directorial stint in 1990's "Dances with Wolves", was eyed to star as Ace Woody, an evil trainer of male fighting slaves and of female prostitutes.
Although Costner has left the film project, "Django Unchained" still has a set of remarkable cast members. Jamie Foxx is set to play the titular character, a slave who escapes from his evil plantation owner Calvin Candie, played by Leonardo DiCaprio. Samuel L. Jackson, Christoph Waltz and Gerald McRaney will also star in the film.
Set to begin the production in New Orleans this October, the drama is slated for a December 25, 2012 release in U.S. theaters.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?