Kevin Costner Exits 'Django Unchained' Due to Scheduling Issue
Kevin Costner will not star in Quentin Tarantino's drama "Django Unchained" at last. Variety's Justin Kroll has broken the news via Twitter, writing that the 56-year-old movie veteran has quit the project due to scheduling conflict.
While further details of his departure are still under wraps, it is assumed that his involvement in Zack Snyder's "Man of Steel" is the reason why he left "Django". Besides, he has other jobs on his sleeves, including a miniseries on History Channel, "The Hatfields and the McCoys", and a movie "A Little World of Our Own", where he serves as the director.
Back in July, it was reported that Costner was in talks to play a sadistic role in "Django Unchained". Costner, who won an Oscar for his directorial stint in 1990's "Dances with Wolves", was eyed to star as Ace Woody, an evil trainer of male fighting slaves and of female prostitutes.
Although Costner has left the film project, "Django Unchained" still has a set of remarkable cast members. Jamie Foxx is set to play the titular character, a slave who escapes from his evil plantation owner Calvin Candie, played by Leonardo DiCaprio. Samuel L. Jackson, Christoph Waltz and Gerald McRaney will also star in the film.
Set to begin the production in New Orleans this October, the drama is slated for a December 25, 2012 release in U.S. theaters.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny