Kevin Costner Exits 'Django Unchained' Due to Scheduling Issue
Kevin Costner will not star in Quentin Tarantino's drama "Django Unchained" at last. Variety's Justin Kroll has broken the news via Twitter, writing that the 56-year-old movie veteran has quit the project due to scheduling conflict.
While further details of his departure are still under wraps, it is assumed that his involvement in Zack Snyder's "Man of Steel" is the reason why he left "Django". Besides, he has other jobs on his sleeves, including a miniseries on History Channel, "The Hatfields and the McCoys", and a movie "A Little World of Our Own", where he serves as the director.
Back in July, it was reported that Costner was in talks to play a sadistic role in "Django Unchained". Costner, who won an Oscar for his directorial stint in 1990's "Dances with Wolves", was eyed to star as Ace Woody, an evil trainer of male fighting slaves and of female prostitutes.
Although Costner has left the film project, "Django Unchained" still has a set of remarkable cast members. Jamie Foxx is set to play the titular character, a slave who escapes from his evil plantation owner Calvin Candie, played by Leonardo DiCaprio. Samuel L. Jackson, Christoph Waltz and Gerald McRaney will also star in the film.
Set to begin the production in New Orleans this October, the drama is slated for a December 25, 2012 release in U.S. theaters.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked