Neil Patrick Harris Receives Walk of Fame Star, Has a Say About Location
Neil Patrick Harris is literally leaving his mark in Hollywood. The Barney Stinson of "How I Met Your Mother" was, on Thursday, September 15, honored by the Hollywood Walk of Fame with his own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, and couldn't help poking fun at the location of his star.
Keeping things light in his acceptance speech, the 38-year-old took note that his honor is planted in front of The Frolic Room Bar. "As much of an honor as this is, unfortunately, it won't be the first time I've been plastered on the sidewalk in front of the Frolic Room," he joked. "And yes, that includes right now."
The "Harold & Kumar" star didn't stop there. He continued his speech by sharing, "Right now, my twins, Gideon and Harper, are too young to understand this honor. They spend most of their time peeing and vomiting on me. But let's be honest, that's probably what's going to happen nightly to my star here outside the Frolic Room."
On a more serious note, Neil added, "But someday, when they're older, I'll take them here, my heart bursting with pride, and say, 'Kids, your old man was the 587th Hollywood star in the Television category.' And God that sounds good!" He also thanked partner David Burtka, saying that he loves him more than anything in the world before joking, "Except for this star."
Also on hand to celebrate Neil were actor Jason Segel and director Joss Whedon. Jason, in particular, deemed his "HIMYM" co-star a triple threat. "Neil has been entertaining audiences in television, stage, the Internet and film for over 60 years, and he just honestly couldn't look better," he gushed.
"Quite simply, he's the mostly wildly talented person I've ever been around," Jason went on. "There's no jokes coming up in this part, this part's sincere: He can act and he can sing and he can dance, and he's a magician, and he can host and he can direct. Like Joss said, he has the kind of talent that people had in the old days when you had to actually be talented to be famous."
More Neil Patrick Harris News
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns