'Girl With the Dragon Tattoo' Parodied in New 'Muppets' Teaser Trailer
Walt Disney Pictures has dropped another parody teaser trailer for "The Muppets". Titled "The Pig With the Froggy Tattoo", the video presents a spoof of David Fincher's anticipated thriller "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)".
The preview shows some imitated scenes of the "Dragon Tattoo" original teaser, including the background music. "We couldn't get the rights to the real song, so we had some dude write this one," so read a tagline in the video. It also gives a glimpse at the cameos like Neil Patrick Harris, Sarah Silverman and Rico Rodriguez.
Aside from the parody, the Mouse House also released a new poster for the film. The one-sheet sees Kermit and Miss Piggy imitating the pose of Daniel Craig and nude Rooney Mara in a "Dragon Tattoo" poster.
"The Muppets" follows a man named Gary, his girlfriend Mary and his life-long brown puppet best friend Walter who must round up and convince the now retired entertainers from the original Muppet Show to help save the famous television studio that the original variety series was filmed in. Villainous Tex Richman is due to take over the property, and wants to destroy the theater and drill for oil underneath.
Directed by James Bobin, the family movie also stars Jason Segel, Amy Adams, Chris Cooper, Rashida Jones and Emily Blunt. It is set to arrive in theaters across the U.S. during the Thanksgiving weekend on November 23.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival