ABC Family Cancels 'Nine Lives of Chloe King', USA Renews 'Covert Affairs'
"The Nine Lives of Chloe King" will reportedly not return for a second season. Sources say ABC Family has cancelled the show, which is paired with "Pretty Little Liars" during the summer.
Another ABC Family freshman "The Lying Game", meanwhile, receives a good news. Deadline reports the drama series, which is based on another book by "Pretty Little Liars" author Sara Shepard, has been picked up for 12 additional episodes, bringing its first season order to 22. It is not clear when the second half of the first season will air.
Over at another network, USA has officially picked up its sophomore "Covert Affairs", veteran show "Royal Pains" and newbie "Necessary Roughness" for a new season each which consists of 16 episodes. Gushing about their original programming this summer, co-presidents Jeff Wachtel and Chris McCumber stated, "Every series in our unprecedented lineup was a standout."
The cable network has previously renewed "White Collar", "Suits", "In Plain Sight" and "Burn Notice".
- Soulja Boy Charged on Suspicion of Illegally Possessing Firearms
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Tension Between Corinne and Other Girls Is About to Get Physical
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Gets Official Title, Mark Hamill Reacts
- Michelle Williams Reveals She Was 'Inconsolable' After Leaving Shared Home With Heath Ledger
- Mel Gibson Welcomes Baby No. 9 - Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Lady GaGa Set to Release New Album in 2017
- 'My Super Sweet 16' Is Getting a Revival on MTV
- Iggy Azalea's New Beau LJay Currie Gets Two Handfuls of Her Boobs and Ass