ABC Family Cancels 'Nine Lives of Chloe King', USA Renews 'Covert Affairs'
"The Nine Lives of Chloe King" will reportedly not return for a second season. Sources say ABC Family has cancelled the show, which is paired with "Pretty Little Liars" during the summer.
Another ABC Family freshman "The Lying Game", meanwhile, receives a good news. Deadline reports the drama series, which is based on another book by "Pretty Little Liars" author Sara Shepard, has been picked up for 12 additional episodes, bringing its first season order to 22. It is not clear when the second half of the first season will air.
Over at another network, USA has officially picked up its sophomore "Covert Affairs", veteran show "Royal Pains" and newbie "Necessary Roughness" for a new season each which consists of 16 episodes. Gushing about their original programming this summer, co-presidents Jeff Wachtel and Chris McCumber stated, "Every series in our unprecedented lineup was a standout."
The cable network has previously renewed "White Collar", "Suits", "In Plain Sight" and "Burn Notice".
- Ex-Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts 'Flirting' With Brooklyn Beckham at BRITs After-Party
- Scarlett Johansson to Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the Fifth Time
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Tropical Song 'Swalla' Ft. Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla $ign
- Beyonce and Caitlyn Jenner React to Donald Trump's Anti-Transgender Policy
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Casts JD Pardo as Leading Man
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Casting Scoops: Simone Biles and Mr. T to Compete in Season 24
- Matt Reeves Is Officially Announced to Direct 'The Batman', Ben Affleck Reacts
- Robert De Niro Has a Blowout Fight With Wife Grace Hightower