Jewel and Ty Murray's Baby Showed Off for First Time
For the first time, Jewel Kilcher and her husband Ty Murray allow the public to get a glimpse of their firstborn. Their two-month-old son Kase Townes was born on July 11 via emergency c-section. "They always say, 'Make a plan and God laughs,' right?" Jewel told People. "We wanted a natural birth and I was committed to that. I studied hypnobirthing."
The baby's heartbeat dropped during her contractions. "I feel lucky to be pregnant in the modern age where they could actually tell he wasn't well during those contractions," the singer said. "We felt thankful that we had good doctors and a good hospital nearby, and that everything was okay. I'm so lucky that we have a healthy baby boy. That's all I cared about."
Dad said of the new addition, "I felt like somebody went to a cabinet, pulled out a perfect baby and handed him over. It's overwhelming." The couple doesn't hire a nanny to take care of the baby, reasoning "Ty wants his relationship with Kase to be special, and the time you put in is part of that. I just want to soak up this time with him."
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video