Jewel and Ty Murray's Baby Showed Off for First Time
For the first time, Jewel Kilcher and her husband Ty Murray allow the public to get a glimpse of their firstborn. Their two-month-old son Kase Townes was born on July 11 via emergency c-section. "They always say, 'Make a plan and God laughs,' right?" Jewel told People. "We wanted a natural birth and I was committed to that. I studied hypnobirthing."
The baby's heartbeat dropped during her contractions. "I feel lucky to be pregnant in the modern age where they could actually tell he wasn't well during those contractions," the singer said. "We felt thankful that we had good doctors and a good hospital nearby, and that everything was okay. I'm so lucky that we have a healthy baby boy. That's all I cared about."
Dad said of the new addition, "I felt like somebody went to a cabinet, pulled out a perfect baby and handed him over. It's overwhelming." The couple doesn't hire a nanny to take care of the baby, reasoning "Ty wants his relationship with Kase to be special, and the time you put in is part of that. I just want to soak up this time with him."
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Having a Blast Coming Up With Baby Names'
- Topless Ariel Winter Shows Off Breast Reduction Scars in New Unretouched Pics
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date