Jewel and Ty Murray's Baby Showed Off for First Time
For the first time, Jewel Kilcher and her husband Ty Murray allow the public to get a glimpse of their firstborn. Their two-month-old son Kase Townes was born on July 11 via emergency c-section. "They always say, 'Make a plan and God laughs,' right?" Jewel told People. "We wanted a natural birth and I was committed to that. I studied hypnobirthing."
The baby's heartbeat dropped during her contractions. "I feel lucky to be pregnant in the modern age where they could actually tell he wasn't well during those contractions," the singer said. "We felt thankful that we had good doctors and a good hospital nearby, and that everything was okay. I'm so lucky that we have a healthy baby boy. That's all I cared about."
Dad said of the new addition, "I felt like somebody went to a cabinet, pulled out a perfect baby and handed him over. It's overwhelming." The couple doesn't hire a nanny to take care of the baby, reasoning "Ty wants his relationship with Kase to be special, and the time you put in is part of that. I just want to soak up this time with him."
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics