Scarlett Johansson Threatens to Sue Over Hacked Nude Photos
Scarlett Johansson is ready to take matter to court in her attempt to stop the circulation of her naked pictures. Hours after the hacked photos made their rounds online, the "We Bought a Zoo" actress has through lawyer Marty Singer made legal threat against various sites that own the copyright to the explicit images.
The 26-year-old demands that the sites remove the "stolen copyright protected private photographs" immediately as her attorney explains, "The highly personal and private photographs at issue capture our client self-posing in her own home in a state of undress and/or topless." He adds, "If you fail to comply, you will be acting at your own peril."
TMZ reported that among the sites receiving the threatening letters was TheDirty.com. To the gossip site, TheDirty said that it will comply to the request and has since taken down the photos, which were leaked out on Wednesday, September 14 and saw Scarlett with an exposed backside in one and topless in another.
Scarlett has contacted the FBI to report that she has fallen victim to a cell phone hacking shortly after the compromising photos surfaced. The bureau itself has confirmed that it has begun looking into the hacking incident and is investigating a hacker group targeting Hollywood celebrities.
More Scarlett Johansson News
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic