Michael Shannon's Zod Dons Black Kryptonian Suit on 'Man of Steel' Set
How Michael Shannon's General Zod looks like in "Man of Steel" has been teased in new set photos. The "Boardwalk Empire" actor has been pictured on the set of the superhero movie wearing a black Kryptonian suit, which is similar to the skintight suit donned by Superman himself, and sporting facial hair.
This is not the first time Shannon is spotted on the filming location. However, he was previously caught on camera wearing a motion capture suit to portray the movie's villain. Hinting that Zod will be at least partially CGI in the film, he said, "Yeah, it's one of the most humiliating garments that exists in the known universe, yes. It's very tight. It has a variety of different colors and shapes on it and it makes you feel like you're the court jester."
The 37-year-old additionally revealed director Zack Snyder promises Zod will look great in the movie. "Then I showed up and he's like, 'Dude, I swear to God, it's going to be so bad ass when we done. Trust me, it's going to be wicked'," he recalled what the filmmaker told him.
"Man of Steel" has Henry Cavill tackling the titular role with Amy Adams playing his leading lady Lois Lane. Kevin Costner and Diane Lane are cast as the adoptive parents of Clark Kent aka Superman, while Russell Crowe and Julia Ormond will be seen as his Kryptonian parents. Written by David S. Goyer, the action adventure film is set to hit U.S. theaters on June 14, 2013.
[Photo by Ed Larom]
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Confirms Return of Original Cast Member
- Report: Migos Beats Up Sean Kingston in Las Vegas Brawl
- 'Deadpool 2' Will Start Filming Soon, Kerry Washington Responds to Casting Rumors
- Ronda Rousey Is Set to Guest Star as Prison Inmate on 'Blindspot'
- Kim Kardashian's Terrified Family's Lavish Lifestyle 'Has Affected' Kanye West's Mental State
- French Montana Partying With Chris Brown and Migos in 'Hold Up' Music Video
- Lindsay Lohan Claims She Was 'Racially Profiled' for Wearing Headscarf at Airport