Sofia Vergara Calls Herself a Transvestite, Reveals Halle Berry Crush
Despite having a curvy figure that other women envy for, Sofia Vergara thinks she looks like a transvestite. The actress famed as Gloria Delgado-Pritchett on "Modern Family" comes out with the claim when talking to The Advocate about playing a transsexual in 2006's direct-to-video movie "Grilled".
In a response to the question whether she found the role challenging, the 39-year-old said, "No, because I look like a transsexual anyway. I'm a woman, but I'm super-exaggerated with my boobs, my ass, my makeup, and my accent. When I get ready for an event, I always look at myself in the mirror and say, 'I look like a transvestite!' " Still, she stressed, "I love it."
During the chat, the Colombian actress also revealed which Oscar winner is her celebrity girl crush. "I have many, but I love Halle Berry," she said. On the reason why, the mother of one explained, "She's perfection. Every time I see her, I want to give her a standing ovation because she's so flawless."
Sofia is up against Jane Lynch for the Best Supporting Actress title at Primetime Emmy Awards this Sunday, September 18. When asked about her relationship with the "Glee" star, she gushed, "It's great. When we see each other, we kiss and hug each other. I really admire her. Her role on Glee is amazing, and you know what? She deserved to win. I love her."
More Sofia Vergara News
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes