Charlie Sheen on His Meltdown: I Couldn't Really Put Out the Fire
Charlie Sheen has admitted that his erratic behavior earlier this year got a bit out of control. The 46-year-old actor recently sat down with Matt Lauer for NBC's show "Today", and talked for the first time since his meltdown about his fallout with "Two and a Half Men" creator Chuck Lorre.
In the interview to be aired on Friday, September 16, the ex-husband of Denise Richards confessed, "I don't really know what happened." He added, "It was one of those things where the planets were aligned, perfectly or imperfectly. I said some stuff and then it caught such traction globally and instantly that I couldn't really put out the fire. I had to keep fueling it."
"It was like being shot out of a cannon into another cannon and then being just shot out of that one. It was like from one moment to the next I didn't know what was going to happen. It was pretty exciting," he explained. "But yeah, looking back on it, I don't think I would trade it, but there are portions of it I would have amended a little bit."
The actor, whose divorce from Brooke Mueller was finalized in May, also laughed at some of the catchphrases, such as "Winning!", "Tiger Blood" and "Vatican Assassin", he spawned. "I don't know, the tiger blood," he said, "it was so silly and people took it so seriously and I figured, all right, I'll continue to give the people what they want, you know?"
Speaking of his current emotional state, Charlie claimed he is "a lot calmer" and "a lot mellower". He added, "I'm seeing my kids a lot more, mending fences with Denise and Brooke, just trying to move forward and prioritize what matters. You know, just really get back in touch with some more reality and some more."
"It's what I call the moments inside the moments. I think that's where the life is, you know, it's in those quiet moments. It's not the giant TV deal or the big party or the award or whatever, it's the memory of your child's smile at the end of the day that sort of brings that one lonesome tear, you know that tear, right Matt?"
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch
- The Internet Mocks Donald Trump for Sniffling and Drinking a Lot During Presidential Debate
- Listen to DNCE's New Single 'Body Moves'
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months