Jazz Singer Landau Eugene Murphy Jr. Wins 'America's Got Talent' Season 6
Another singer has taken the champion title on "America's Got Talent". On the Wednesday (September 14) final result show of the reality series, singing jazz sensation Landau Eugene Murphy Jr. was named the winner of season 6.
The 37-year-old West Virginia native sang Frank Sinatra's "My Way" on the Tuesday final performance show. Piers Morgan called it a "million-dollar performance," while another judge Sharon Osbourne admitted the rendition gave her "goose bumps".
"It has been a long, hard journey," the singer, who was previously washing cars and living on the street before taking the stage of the Nick Cannon-hosted show, stated after his name was announced as the winner. He is entitled to $1 million cash and a Las Vegas headlining contract.
Murphy was the only remaining solo performer on "AGT" grand finals. Joining him in the top four were dance troupes Silhouettes and Team iLuminate as well as teen rock and soul group PopLyfe. Silhouettes came out as the runner-up, while Team iLuminate and PopLyfe took the third and fourth place respectively.
The two-hour final result show was made merry by the performances from Def Leppard, Queen Latifah, Tony Bennett, Jackie Evancho, Cobra Starship and Patti LaBelle. PopLyfe also had a chance to perform with their idol Stevie Wonder.
More America's Got Talent News
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie