'Glee' to Feature a Softer Side of Mercedes, Hugh Jackman Would Like to Guest Star
Falling in love will apparently turn Mercedes Jones into a new kind of person. The big-voiced member of New Directions gets a new love interest in the upcoming fourth season of "Glee" and Amber Riley revealed that the new relationship will bring out "a softer side" of her character.
"Mercedes is actually going to be shown in a different light for once. She has a relationship, and you're going to see a softer side of her," Riley said at FOX's fall kick-off party. She went on teasing, "She's very lovey-dovey. It's kind of like, 'Oh my God? Is this Mercedes?!' She dresses different. She's girlier now."
Mercedes was seen dating Sam in the end of "Glee" season 3, but it did not last long since Chord Overstreet decided to cut ties with the drama musical series. Asked if the end of Mercedes and Sam's relationship will be addressed on the show, Riley simply replied, "Yeah, it is."
Meanwhile, playing Mercedes' new love interest named Marcus is "Friday Night Lights" alum Lamarcus Tinker. Marcus is a massive lineman for the McKinley Titans, but it is unclear if he will also sing like other main characters since Riley said, "I don't know if LaMarcus can sing or not. I never asked."
In another news, Hugh Jackman has revealed that he is interested to guest star on the FOX hit series. "I would quite like to appear in Glee," he said at the U.K. premiere of his movie "Real Steel". "I've seen one episode so yeah, maybe," he added.
The new season of "Glee" will premiere Tuesday, September 20 at 8/7c. There will be more Broadway songs featured on the show this season and "the first couple episodes are very, very Broadway," Riley gushed.
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame