'Glee' to Feature a Softer Side of Mercedes, Hugh Jackman Would Like to Guest Star
Falling in love will apparently turn Mercedes Jones into a new kind of person. The big-voiced member of New Directions gets a new love interest in the upcoming fourth season of "Glee" and Amber Riley revealed that the new relationship will bring out "a softer side" of her character.
"Mercedes is actually going to be shown in a different light for once. She has a relationship, and you're going to see a softer side of her," Riley said at FOX's fall kick-off party. She went on teasing, "She's very lovey-dovey. It's kind of like, 'Oh my God? Is this Mercedes?!' She dresses different. She's girlier now."
Mercedes was seen dating Sam in the end of "Glee" season 3, but it did not last long since Chord Overstreet decided to cut ties with the drama musical series. Asked if the end of Mercedes and Sam's relationship will be addressed on the show, Riley simply replied, "Yeah, it is."
Meanwhile, playing Mercedes' new love interest named Marcus is "Friday Night Lights" alum Lamarcus Tinker. Marcus is a massive lineman for the McKinley Titans, but it is unclear if he will also sing like other main characters since Riley said, "I don't know if LaMarcus can sing or not. I never asked."
In another news, Hugh Jackman has revealed that he is interested to guest star on the FOX hit series. "I would quite like to appear in Glee," he said at the U.K. premiere of his movie "Real Steel". "I've seen one episode so yeah, maybe," he added.
The new season of "Glee" will premiere Tuesday, September 20 at 8/7c. There will be more Broadway songs featured on the show this season and "the first couple episodes are very, very Broadway," Riley gushed.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences