Video Premiere: Tony Bennett's 'Body and Soul' Ft. Amy Winehouse
"Body and Soul" music video which features Tony Bennett and Amy Winehouse has arrived. The clip was released on September 14, the day when the "Back to Black" hitmaker would have turned 28. It features footage of their recording session at Abbey Road Studios in London.
"It was a thrill to record with Amy Winehouse," the music vet shared his experience of hitting the studio with such talented artist. "And when you listen to the recording of 'Body and Soul', it is a testament to her artistic genius and her brilliance as one of the most honest musicians I have ever known."
"We had a beautiful time recording together in the studio and I knew that Amy was very happy with how she performed that day," he gushed. "I thought she was absolutely brilliant and this recording truly captures the essence of her unique artistry. She was a rare talent."
When paying tribute to her in 2011 MTV Video Music Awards, Bennett said, "Of all young artists I've ever met in the last 20 years, she was a true jazz artist in the tradition of Ella Fitzgerald and Billie Holiday. She had the gifts. She sang beautiful and we made a recording of it and I love to have you take a look at it."
More Tony Bennett News
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?