Video Premiere: Tony Bennett's 'Body and Soul' Ft. Amy Winehouse
"Body and Soul" music video which features Tony Bennett and Amy Winehouse has arrived. The clip was released on September 14, the day when the "Back to Black" hitmaker would have turned 28. It features footage of their recording session at Abbey Road Studios in London.
"It was a thrill to record with Amy Winehouse," the music vet shared his experience of hitting the studio with such talented artist. "And when you listen to the recording of 'Body and Soul', it is a testament to her artistic genius and her brilliance as one of the most honest musicians I have ever known."
"We had a beautiful time recording together in the studio and I knew that Amy was very happy with how she performed that day," he gushed. "I thought she was absolutely brilliant and this recording truly captures the essence of her unique artistry. She was a rare talent."
When paying tribute to her in 2011 MTV Video Music Awards, Bennett said, "Of all young artists I've ever met in the last 20 years, she was a true jazz artist in the tradition of Ella Fitzgerald and Billie Holiday. She had the gifts. She sang beautiful and we made a recording of it and I love to have you take a look at it."
- Hugh Hefner Makes Fun of Death Rumors: Tabloids Should've Told Me That I'm Sick
- Solange Releases 'A Seat at the Table' Album Featuring Lil Wayne and Kelly Rowland
- 'The Bachelor': Get Details of Nick Viall's Carnival Date
- Is That a Baby Bump? Christina Aguilera Looks Pregnant When Attending Drake's Concert
- Yes, Jessica Biel Eats in the Shower and She Wants You to Try It Too
- 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Gets Official Synopsis, First Footage Is Coming to NYCC
- Iggy Azalea Pushes Back 'Digital Distortion' Release to 2017, Cites Nick Young Drama
- Ben Affleck Says Taylor Swift Was Like 'God' When His Kids Met Her