Kirstie Alley Dazzling on Catwalk at New York Fashion Week
Kirstie Alley has stolen the models' thunder at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. Wearing a cobalt blue rhinestone-adorned gown at Zang Toi's fashion show, the former contestant on "Dancing with the Stars" wowed the audience with her runway debut at the age of 60 on Tuesday, September 13.
Closing the Malaysian designer's Spring 2012 show, the actress drew cheers and loud ovation as she strutted down the catwalk inside The Studio at the Lincoln Center in New York City. Before the show, she took to Twitter to share her excitement, "Waaaa Hooooo!!! Kitty is ready to walk the Cat!!! False Bravado will guide me...Let's have some fun @ZANGTOI!!!"
When all was said and done, Kirstie made use of her Twitter again to express her gratitude. In one tweet, she wrote, "THANK YOU @ZANGTOI !!!! I love you!!! I had the time of my life!!!!" In another, she posted, "Thank You all the REAL Models for letting me share @ZANGTOI runway with you!!!!! You all were sooo sweet and looked soooo gorgeous!!!"
Kirstie has previously shared to Entertainment Tonight that she has known Zang since 1993. She recalled, "I did the cover of Redbook and I wanted something really beautiful ... he just has the most beautiful clothes, period." As for being a model, she said, "Models sort of more do what the designer wants them to do and actresses are sort of divas. So I'm going to have to be a model this week."
- Soulja Boy Charged on Suspicion of Illegally Possessing Firearms
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Tension Between Corinne and Other Girls Is About to Get Physical
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Gets Official Title, Mark Hamill Reacts
- Michelle Williams Reveals She Was 'Inconsolable' After Leaving Shared Home With Heath Ledger
- Mel Gibson Welcomes Baby No. 9 - Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Lady GaGa Set to Release New Album in 2017
- 'My Super Sweet 16' Is Getting a Revival on MTV
- Iggy Azalea's New Beau LJay Currie Gets Two Handfuls of Her Boobs and Ass