Holly Durst Won't Rub Salt in Michael Stagliano's Wounds With Televised Wedding
Though she surprised viewers with news of her engagement to Blake Julian on the season two finale of "Bachelor Pad" on Monday (September 12) night, Holly Durst won't have their wedding being aired on television. On the reason why, the 28-year-old explained she didn't want to hurt co-winner and ex-fiance Michael Stagliano.
Asked if she and Blake will consider having a televised wedding during a conference call, Holly told Reality TV World, "No, not after that." She elaborated, "I mean, the whole - we didn't want to hurt Michael and that was wrong the way it happened, and I don't want to rub salt in the wounds so to speak. So, I don't think a televised wedding is something we would want to do."
The former contestant on season 12 of "The Bachelor" also spilled on Tuesday that Blake's proposal came as a complete surprise to her. "We had been filming all day long but they didn't show any of what we had done, but we had been filming all day long and the last part of it was that little picnic and he proposed," she recalled. "It was definitely a complete surprise."
During the interview, Holly acknowledged that the taping of the show was the first time Michael learned about her engagement to Blake. She also told reporters that she and Blake haven't picked out a wedding date just yet. "As of right now, we're not sure, but we definitely can't wait for it," so she claimed. "Possibly spring or summer."
In related news, details of Holly's engagement ring have been uncovered by PEOPLE. When proposing to Holly, South Carolina dentist Blake presented her with a vintage-style Neil Lane platinum and diamond sparkler. The handmade ring is set with a cushion-cut diamond and accented with 162 round diamonds, totaling around three carats.
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism