Charlie Sheen Spoofs 'Apocalypse Now' in New Comedy Central Roast Promo
Days leading to the airing of Comedy Central which roasts Charlie Sheen, a new promo video featuring the former "Two and a Half Men" star is released. It pokes fun at 1979's movie "Apocalypse Now" which originally starred his actor father Martin Sheen.
The veteran actor, who tackles the role of Captain Benjamin L. Willard in the classic movie, makes a cameo in this spoof. Producer and director Francis Ford Coppola serves as a technical advisor, and his actor/director son Roman Ford Coppola helps recreate the scenes.
It opens with Charlie emerging from under the water in what looks like a mist covered lake but turns to be a hot tub. His face is covered in camouflage paint, and he's heard saying, "I was going to worst place in the world - cable. They were going to give me a roast for this. And I've never even watched their f**king channel."
Charlie's effort of embracing his inner soldier is cut short when Martin comes to the picture. The 71-year-old chastises him for being out late past his curfew. "Get inside and wash your face. It's past your bedtime," so the father said. To the two bikini-clad babes who are lounging on the edge of the tub, the elder Sheen told them, "Girls, time to go. Thank you."
Comedy Central Roast of Charlie Sheen will air on Monday, September 19 at 10/9c. It was taped on Saturday night, September 10 at Sony Studios in Culver City, California. The likes of Seth MacFarlane, Amy Schumer, Kate Walsh, Steve-O and Mike Tyson took the stage to make jokes about him.
In related news, Jimmy Kimmel revealed that he was asked to take part in the program but declined the offer. "They actually asked me to be the Roastmaster. I declined. I believe there are a finite number of Charlie Sheen jokes and I've gone through all of them," he said. "I don't want to repeat myself, so. At that point I was like 'Well, what am I going to say that I haven't said already?' and I said 'Nahh, forget it, I'm not going to do that'."
More Charlie Sheen News
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say