Charlie Sheen Spoofs 'Apocalypse Now' in New Comedy Central Roast Promo
Days leading to the airing of Comedy Central which roasts Charlie Sheen, a new promo video featuring the former "Two and a Half Men" star is released. It pokes fun at 1979's movie "Apocalypse Now" which originally starred his actor father Martin Sheen.
The veteran actor, who tackles the role of Captain Benjamin L. Willard in the classic movie, makes a cameo in this spoof. Producer and director Francis Ford Coppola serves as a technical advisor, and his actor/director son Roman Ford Coppola helps recreate the scenes.
It opens with Charlie emerging from under the water in what looks like a mist covered lake but turns to be a hot tub. His face is covered in camouflage paint, and he's heard saying, "I was going to worst place in the world - cable. They were going to give me a roast for this. And I've never even watched their f**king channel."
Charlie's effort of embracing his inner soldier is cut short when Martin comes to the picture. The 71-year-old chastises him for being out late past his curfew. "Get inside and wash your face. It's past your bedtime," so the father said. To the two bikini-clad babes who are lounging on the edge of the tub, the elder Sheen told them, "Girls, time to go. Thank you."
Comedy Central Roast of Charlie Sheen will air on Monday, September 19 at 10/9c. It was taped on Saturday night, September 10 at Sony Studios in Culver City, California. The likes of Seth MacFarlane, Amy Schumer, Kate Walsh, Steve-O and Mike Tyson took the stage to make jokes about him.
In related news, Jimmy Kimmel revealed that he was asked to take part in the program but declined the offer. "They actually asked me to be the Roastmaster. I declined. I believe there are a finite number of Charlie Sheen jokes and I've gone through all of them," he said. "I don't want to repeat myself, so. At that point I was like 'Well, what am I going to say that I haven't said already?' and I said 'Nahh, forget it, I'm not going to do that'."
More Charlie Sheen News
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake