Lady GaGa Is 'The Bride' in Second Fashion Video for 'You and I'
Lady GaGa has released the second installment of her "You and I" five-part fashion video series. While she channels her inner "nymph" in the first one, the Mother Monster introduces a new character "The Bride" in this new clip. "Get ready little monsters! It's a good one!" so she hyped it up.
The "Born This Way" hitmaker reprises her cyborg alter-ego. The outlandish singer donned a long wig, black clothing, wide-brimmed hat and arm/chin piece like the ones she wore in the official video of the single. She then takes them off one by one, leaving her only in pants and the bionic features.
While the 25-year-old New Yorker moves her body to follow the beat of the song, a black bar is strategically placed to cover her nipples. At some points, she covers her modesty with her own hand and the fishnet brim of her hat. In her topless state, she strikes some poses which could remind fans to her male alter ego Jo Calderone.
Although the Inez & Vinoodh-directed music video is dominated by the single shots of the outspoken singer, it's not all about her. In some separate scenes, it shows some of her Little Monsters clawing their hands to the camera.
Beside directing the "Bride", Inez & Vinoodh also made the "Nymph". Talking about the first video, Inez dished to MTV, "We built a studio in a pig sty and worked for three days with her constantly coming off set to us and filming with us and taking pictures."
"What's incredible in there is that this is Gaga, as herself in the character that she is, related to the 'You and I' video, and it's purely her," she went on. "You can tell, especially in the one that came out now, she's so happy and she's loving her life and she's really, you can tell, she's reaching her full potential. It's a complete being."
"She asked us to make these videos as a bridge between fashion and rock and roll, and since both are kind of equally important for her as an inspiration and starting point. So, she really said to us, 'Do your thing, what you would do in fashion context,' let's say, but relate it to the characters that she is in the 'You and I' video."
More Lady GaGa News
- Angelina Jolie Worries Brad Pitt Will Leave Her for Marion Cotillard
- Kanye West Kicks Off 'Saint Pablo Tour' and It Has Flying Stage. How Fans React?
- 'Frustrated' Shawn Mendes Slams Billboard for Misquoting Comments About His Fans
- Sibling Rivalry What? Khloe Kardashian Calls Kim Her 'Body Motivation'
- Robin Thicke, Pharrell and T.I. Officially Appeal 'Blurred Lines' Copyright Verdict
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Bra During Casual Stroll While Kylie Flaunts Major Cleavage
- Demi Moore Joins Cast of R-Rated Comedy 'Rock That Body'
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are in No Rush to Walk Down the Aisle