Vanessa Hudgens to Be a Serial Killer's Surviving Victim in 'The Frozen Ground'
After landing a role as an abandoned pregnant teen in "Gimme Shelter", Vanessa Hudgens is set to play a serial killer's surviving victim in "The Frozen Ground". Breaking the news was Deadline which claimed that the "Sucker Punch" actress has been attached to play alongside Nicolas Cage and John Cusack in the thriller.
The film project is based on true events about the most notorious hunter and killer in Alaska named Robert Hansen, which will be played by Cusack. Hansen is a respected family man who has been abducting more than 24 women for over 12 years and throwing them into the Alaskan wilderness only to be released before he hunted and slaughtered them.
Cage has been tapped to portray an Alaskan State Trooper who finds one of Hansen's surviving victims on the street. Hudgens is set to play the escaped teen victim who will team up with Cage's character to bring Hansen to justice.
Scott Walker will make his directorial debut with "The Frozen Ground". He will also provide the screenplay, while Randall Emmett, George Furla, Mark Ordesky and Jane Fleming serve as the producers. The film's production will begin on October 17 in Anchorage, Alaska.
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital