Vanessa Hudgens to Be a Serial Killer's Surviving Victim in 'The Frozen Ground'
After landing a role as an abandoned pregnant teen in "Gimme Shelter", Vanessa Hudgens is set to play a serial killer's surviving victim in "The Frozen Ground". Breaking the news was Deadline which claimed that the "Sucker Punch" actress has been attached to play alongside Nicolas Cage and John Cusack in the thriller.
The film project is based on true events about the most notorious hunter and killer in Alaska named Robert Hansen, which will be played by Cusack. Hansen is a respected family man who has been abducting more than 24 women for over 12 years and throwing them into the Alaskan wilderness only to be released before he hunted and slaughtered them.
Cage has been tapped to portray an Alaskan State Trooper who finds one of Hansen's surviving victims on the street. Hudgens is set to play the escaped teen victim who will team up with Cage's character to bring Hansen to justice.
Scott Walker will make his directorial debut with "The Frozen Ground". He will also provide the screenplay, while Randall Emmett, George Furla, Mark Ordesky and Jane Fleming serve as the producers. The film's production will begin on October 17 in Anchorage, Alaska.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences