Vanessa Hudgens to Be a Serial Killer's Surviving Victim in 'The Frozen Ground'
After landing a role as an abandoned pregnant teen in "Gimme Shelter", Vanessa Hudgens is set to play a serial killer's surviving victim in "The Frozen Ground". Breaking the news was Deadline which claimed that the "Sucker Punch" actress has been attached to play alongside Nicolas Cage and John Cusack in the thriller.
The film project is based on true events about the most notorious hunter and killer in Alaska named Robert Hansen, which will be played by Cusack. Hansen is a respected family man who has been abducting more than 24 women for over 12 years and throwing them into the Alaskan wilderness only to be released before he hunted and slaughtered them.
Cage has been tapped to portray an Alaskan State Trooper who finds one of Hansen's surviving victims on the street. Hudgens is set to play the escaped teen victim who will team up with Cage's character to bring Hansen to justice.
Scott Walker will make his directorial debut with "The Frozen Ground". He will also provide the screenplay, while Randall Emmett, George Furla, Mark Ordesky and Jane Fleming serve as the producers. The film's production will begin on October 17 in Anchorage, Alaska.
- Dr. Dre Detained Outside His Malibu House After an Alleged Road Rage
- Sarah Silverman Gets Booed for Mocking Bernie Sanders Supporters at DNC
- Kiersey Clemons Confirmed to Star as Iris West in 'The Flash' Movie
- Mariah Carey's Fiance James Packer Grabs Her Boob While Partying in Italy
- 'The Bachelorette': JoJo Picks Final Two After Ruining a Suitor's Fantasy Suite Date
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson's Unreleased Song 'Stay Together' Surfaces Online
- 'He's a Dirty Dog!' Sharon Osbourne Blasts Ozzy for Comments on Their Marriage
- Katharine McPhee and Boyfriend Elyes Gabel Call It Quits After Two Years