Evanescence's 'What You Want' Music Video Arrives in Full
Evanescence rock out with plenty of energy in a music video supporting their new single "What You Want". In the dark visuals, the Amy Lee-fronted band perform the furious rock song at a makeshift stage inside a Brooklyn warehouse. "This video is sort of, like, the history of the band," she told MTV.
"This club [set] is emulating old shows we used to play in the beginning - we used to play this club called Vino's in Little Rock [Arkansas] - it's sort of like back then, the gritty, dirty club, sweaty. And basically, it's also [about] New York, where I've been, [and] where [bassist] Tim [McCord] lived in the past few years since we've been gone. And it's sort of about escaping New York and ... coming back out into the world."
"This is more a personal video. We've done a lot in the past that [were] very 'fantasy,' and this is sort of the real us. I just wanted to do something that really felt personal for a change. Obviously, I'm wearing crazy makeup, and that's not my everyday, but, you know, I want ... to connect with the fans again. We all do. We miss them. A lot of this record is about them, and that's why they're going to be here and be in it, too."
Marking their comeback from long hiatus, "What You Want" is recorded for the band's upcoming self-titled studio album "Evanescence". Talking about the song, Amy once said, "It's got a cool meaning, a lot of great lyrics going on, it also just smacks you right in the face and it's heavy and it's great."
Evanescence's "What You Want" music video
- Kim Ji Won Reveals She's Jealous of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo
- Kris Jenner Is Planning to Send Rob Kardashian to Psych Ward
- Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Hudson Are Feuding on 'The Voice'
- Blac Chyna Parties With Lamar Odom and Tyga
- Girls' Generation's Yuri Injures Her Leg During SM Town Show
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective