Evanescence's 'What You Want' Music Video Arrives in Full
Evanescence rock out with plenty of energy in a music video supporting their new single "What You Want". In the dark visuals, the Amy Lee-fronted band perform the furious rock song at a makeshift stage inside a Brooklyn warehouse. "This video is sort of, like, the history of the band," she told MTV.
"This club [set] is emulating old shows we used to play in the beginning - we used to play this club called Vino's in Little Rock [Arkansas] - it's sort of like back then, the gritty, dirty club, sweaty. And basically, it's also [about] New York, where I've been, [and] where [bassist] Tim [McCord] lived in the past few years since we've been gone. And it's sort of about escaping New York and ... coming back out into the world."
"This is more a personal video. We've done a lot in the past that [were] very 'fantasy,' and this is sort of the real us. I just wanted to do something that really felt personal for a change. Obviously, I'm wearing crazy makeup, and that's not my everyday, but, you know, I want ... to connect with the fans again. We all do. We miss them. A lot of this record is about them, and that's why they're going to be here and be in it, too."
Marking their comeback from long hiatus, "What You Want" is recorded for the band's upcoming self-titled studio album "Evanescence". Talking about the song, Amy once said, "It's got a cool meaning, a lot of great lyrics going on, it also just smacks you right in the face and it's heavy and it's great."
- Justin Bieber Exposes His Upper Thighs During Outing
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- Megyn Kelly Courted by CNN for 8 or 9 P.M. Time Slots
- Check Out First Look at Anne Hathaway on Set of 'Ocean's Eight'
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M