Madonna Wears Black Dress With Sheer Overlay at 'W.E.' TIFF Premiere
Madonna dropped by 2011 Toronto Film Festival on September 12 to promote her new directorial movie "W.E.". The Material Girl opted for a Tom Ford black dress with sheer sleeves and overlay. She matched it with Brian Atwood shoes, a Ferragamo bag, and Neil Lane jewelry.
The "Hard Candy" singer was joined by her two stars Abbie Cornish and Andrea Riseborough. The former wore an ivory beaded gown with a tiered chiffon overlay details by Elie Saab, while the latter donned a Dolce & Gabbana green sequins dress.
The Monday red carpet event was held in front of Roy Thomson Hall. It was preceded by a press conference at Bell Lightbox with Madonna and Andrea in attendance. The director rocked a red top and black skirt, while the actress playing Wallis Simpson in the movie chose a black lace gown.
Marking Madge's second directorial stint after 2008's "Filth and Wisdom", "W.E." highlights the affair between King Edward VIII and Wallis Simpson that led to the British royal abdicating from the throne to marry his divorcee lover. While Simpson is played by Andrea, King Edward VIII is tackled by James D'Arcy.
Meanwhile, Abbie portrays Winthrop, another woman caught up in a similar affair. Her on-screen secret lover is going to be played by Oscar Isaac. The drama was premiered at the 68th Venice Film Festival as part of out of competition movies, and is slated for a limited release in U.S. theaters on December 9.
- Drake Gets Eighth Week at Billboard 200's No. 1, RHCP Starts at No. 2
- Photos: Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Hit the Beach in U.K. Joined by His Family
- Liv Tyler Jokes About Her 'Pointy and Giant' Baby Bump
- BET Awards 2016: Beyonce and Drake Dominate Winner List
- Muhammad Ali's Daughter Laila Gets Emotional While Honoring Her Late Father at 2016 BET Awards
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Finale Recap: Does It Confirm Fan Theory About Jon's True Parentage?
- BET Awards 2016: Bryson Tiller and Drake Win More
- Jennifer Hudson Dresses as Prince in White Hooded Dress at 2016 BET Awards