Coldplay Debut New Single 'Paradise', Confirm Rihanna Collaboration
Coldplay have given the first taste to their new studio album "Mylo Xyloto" in a brand new single called "Paradise". The song opens with gentle tune which is followed by some catchy punch along the way. "When she was just a girl, she expected the world/ But it flew away from her reach, and bullets catch in her teeth," Chris Martin croons.
The British band are going to drop the album in the United States on October 25. Talking about the upcoming release, the frontman told Billboard recently, "The hope is for the record to be free from any musical kind of box. It very much comes from the Brian Eno professorship of, 'Go anywhere. As long as it's you guys, you can go anywhere'."
Fourteen tracks are confirmed for the effort. One called "Princess of China" is going to have some R&B vibes with Rihanna lending her vocals. Details about the other songs remain under wraps, but their team member by the name "Roadie #42" provided a few tidbits about the materials and what to expect from them.
"I remember that this phase of things on [2005's] X&Y is when I first heard 'Fix You' ... even on a first listen, the degree to which people would take it to their hearts was completely obvious," Roadie wrote on the band's official website. " 'Up in Flames' feels the same to me right now. It's immense."
"It was hypnotic in its simplicity, but devastatingly, achingly gorgeous. The final version has lost none of this and is a masterwork of restraint. It hasn't been crammed with a million ideas and embellishments. Every part is there simply to enhance the emotional impact. I can only predict floods of tears in every quarter."
The next song being reviewed is called "Don't Let It Break Your Heart". According to Roadie, the track "couldn't possibly be heading in any more different a direction emotionally." In further description, the song is said to be "almost violently life affirming."
Then, there is "Charlie Brown". Roadie informed, "I remember texting Phil during the Glastonbury rehearsals when they first played 'Charlie Brown' in its live incarnation. I was amazed at how vast and invigorating it sounded. They're going to blow the sodding walls out when they kick into this one tomorrow."
"Paradise" Audio Stream:
"Mylo Xyloto" Tracklisting:
- "Mylo Xyloto"
- "Hurts Like Heaven"
- "Charlie Brown"
- "Us Against the World"
- "Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall"
- "Major Minus"
- "Princess of China"
- "Up in Flames"
- "A Hopeful Transmission"
- "Don't Let It Break Your Heart"
- "Up With the Birds"
More Coldplay News
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Having a Blast Coming Up With Baby Names'
- Topless Ariel Winter Shows Off Breast Reduction Scars in New Unretouched Pics
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date