NBC Denies Christina Aguilera Will Be Fired From 'The Voice'
Christina Aguilera is in no danger to lose her spot on "The Voice". Debunking report which said that NBC plans to fire her as a coach/judge on the singing competition after the next season, Paul Telegdy, Executive Vice President of Alternative Programming for the network, said, "There is absolutely no truth to the rumor."
It was earlier reported by X17 that producers are not happy working with Aguilera and plan to replace her in season 3. "She doesn't spend time with her contestants like she's supposed to. She doesn't participate. She spends most of her time on the set with her boyfriend," a source detailed the reasons.
Aguilera and other original coaches, Adam Levine, Cee-Lo Green and Blake Shelton, have signed up to return to season 2 which will premiere on Sunday, February 5 after the Super Bowl. The "You Lost Me" hitmaker was reportedly "very excited" for the upcoming season.
More The Voice News
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers
- Drake Announces Short Movie 'Please Forgive Me' - Get a Sneak Peek Here!
- Katy Perry Feels Sympathy for 'Catfish' Victim Who Thought He Was Dating Her