Remake of Patrick Swayze's 'Point Break' Is on Fast Track
A remake to 1991's action-thriller starring Patrick Swayze and Keanu Reeves, "Point Break", is currently in development. It has been announced that Alcon Entertainment is fast tracking the project which will be released by Warner Bros. Pictures.
Alcon co-founders and co-CEOs, Broderick Johnson and Andrew Kosove, confirmed that the company has secured the rights for the project during the week of the original film's 20th anniversary. They have locked "Salt" scribe Kurt Wimmer to pen the screenplay and the project will be taken out to directors soon.
Alcon has not released official storyline of the upcoming movie, but it is reported that the new version will be set in "the world of international extreme sports", with undercover FBI agents involved in it. Johnson and Kosove stated, "Who doesn't love the Kathryn Bigelow original and its pure heart-pounding action and thrills? Kurt's take infuse the story and characters with new twists and settings."
Producer Michael DeLuca added, " 'Point Break' wasn't just a film, it was a Zen meditation on testoterone fueled action and manhood in the late 20th century and we hope to create the same for the young 21st!"
Just hours after Alcon announced plan of the "Point Break" remake, it has also been reported that Summit Entertainment is up to create a reboot of 1986's fantasy action starring Christopher Lambert, "Highlander". Juan Carlos Fresnadillo is on board to serve as a director with "Iron Man" screenwriters Art Marcum and Matt Holloway providing the script. However, no actors have been cast for the project.
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital