'Entourage' Finale Draws Mixed Reactions From Fans
"Entourage" has pulled its curtain with the airing of the series finale on Sunday, September 11. While the show wrapped up with happy endings for some characters, not all fans were pleased with these storylines.
One Twitter user under the name Wale Folarin said, "That entourage finale, confused me." Another tweep Toure wrote, "I'm totally unhappy with this whole finale. It was a lame ep for Entourage, lame for a series finale, it was problematic all around."
Another viewer Jason Whitlock tweeted, "I'm embarrassed I defended Entourage all season. Series finale was embarrassing. Wow." Meanwhile, tab salsman compared the show's ending with the season finale of another HBO series "True Blood", writing, "#entourage ending was weak but #trueblood ending was intense!"
Still, some others were glad with where the show brought the characters in the finale. One tweep D'Brickashaw gushed, "Im happy everyone won in the series finale of Entourage. That's what I always watched it for. To see rich and famous dudes living the life."
The other positive comments included, "Curb was pure again. Every episode like a Datsyuk frothy, saucy, backhand pass. Entourage? I like happy endings" and "Very satisfying #Entourage finale. Make sure to watch after the credits. It really sets up the movie."
Meanwhile, some others simply expressed that they got emotional when watching the end of their favorite series. Some of the tweets read, "My heart sank a little as I watched it," "I nearly had tears in my eyes," "time to cry myself to sleep," "What a sensational ending to one of my favorite shows. Long Live, Entourage...you will be missed," and "I can't believe entourage is done..I'm still hoping for a movie."
Despite the mixed responses from fans, Adrian Grenier who plays Vince tweeted that he was satisfied with the finale. "#entourage final episode tonight. If I could do it all again, I wouldn't change a thing," he wrote. Jerry Ferrara also took to the social networking site to bid goodbye, "Series finale of #entourage tonight. It has been an amazing 8 years. What a ride. Thank you to everyone who has taken it with us!"
In the episode called "The End", Vince is featured heading to Paris to get married with Sophia. As for Ari (Jeremy Piven), he quits his job to reunite with his estranged wife (Perrey Reeves), but is later seen being offered a position at the top of a corporation he once thought about running. Eric (Kevin Connolly), meanwhile, makes up with a pregnant Sloan (Emmanuelle Chriqui).
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones