Jeffrey Wright Hints Felix Leiter May Not Return for 'Bond 23'
James Bond may lose his trusted partner in the next film. Jeffrey Wright, who has portrayed Felix Leiter in "Casino Royale" and "Quantum of Solace", recently hinted that he will not reprise the role in "Bond 23".
Speaking to Coming Soon at the 2011 Toronto Film Festival over the weekend, the actor, who also nabbed a part in George Clooney's "The Ides of March", revealed that he has not "gotten the call to return" to the upcoming 007 movie from director Sam Mendes. Nonetheless, Wright said that Leiter "may be on the periphery and mentioned in the film".
Currently in early phase of production, the new installment of the spy action film series has been rumored to be titled "Carte Blanche", which is likely taken from the latest James Bond novel by Jeffery Deaver. The storyline reportedly centers on the flamboyant agent who is on his mission on the outskirts of Novi Sad in Serbia, monitoring an Irishman called Niall Dunne.
Daniel Craig will return to portray the lead character James Bond, while Judi Dench is set to reprise her role as Bond's superior, M. In addition to Craig and Dench, Javier Bardem and Ralph Fiennes are said to be cast as the villains. The movie is expected to hit U.S. theaters on November 9, 2012.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny