Pippa Middleton Draws Criticism for Fashion Choice at Wedding
Pippa Middleton's choice to hide her curves recently has brought her criticism. Last Saturday, September 10, the younger sister of Kate Middleton attended the wedding of her closest friends, Rose Laing and Jake French, in Perthshire, Scotland wearing a purple shift dress under a black coat.
Though some credited Pippa for trying not to steal the spotlight from the bride, others took note that the look failed by comparison to the much-talked-about simple white outfit she wore to the royal wedding back in April. One gossip site, in particular, even suggested that the 28-year-old committed a fashion faux pas.
In describing Pippa's look, Radar Online wrote the party planner wore "a matronly purple satin shift dress, with a weirdly shaped purple choker, a full-length jacket and matching hat perched precariously on her head." It continued, "While the above-the-knee dress showed off her lower leg, it hid Pippa's sexy curves and was a far cry from what the world has come to expect from the socialite."
Daily Mirror agreed that Pippa's fashion choice was incomparable to her royal wedding look. Still, the tabloid offered its opinion in a less judgmental way. It cited an onlooker as saying, "Pippa looked fab but it was a lot more demure than the figure-hugging gown she wore to the royal wedding."
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert