Pippa Middleton Draws Criticism for Fashion Choice at Wedding
Pippa Middleton's choice to hide her curves recently has brought her criticism. Last Saturday, September 10, the younger sister of Kate Middleton attended the wedding of her closest friends, Rose Laing and Jake French, in Perthshire, Scotland wearing a purple shift dress under a black coat.
Though some credited Pippa for trying not to steal the spotlight from the bride, others took note that the look failed by comparison to the much-talked-about simple white outfit she wore to the royal wedding back in April. One gossip site, in particular, even suggested that the 28-year-old committed a fashion faux pas.
In describing Pippa's look, Radar Online wrote the party planner wore "a matronly purple satin shift dress, with a weirdly shaped purple choker, a full-length jacket and matching hat perched precariously on her head." It continued, "While the above-the-knee dress showed off her lower leg, it hid Pippa's sexy curves and was a far cry from what the world has come to expect from the socialite."
Daily Mirror agreed that Pippa's fashion choice was incomparable to her royal wedding look. Still, the tabloid offered its opinion in a less judgmental way. It cited an onlooker as saying, "Pippa looked fab but it was a lot more demure than the figure-hugging gown she wore to the royal wedding."
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist