Pippa Middleton Draws Criticism for Fashion Choice at Wedding
Pippa Middleton's choice to hide her curves recently has brought her criticism. Last Saturday, September 10, the younger sister of Kate Middleton attended the wedding of her closest friends, Rose Laing and Jake French, in Perthshire, Scotland wearing a purple shift dress under a black coat.
Though some credited Pippa for trying not to steal the spotlight from the bride, others took note that the look failed by comparison to the much-talked-about simple white outfit she wore to the royal wedding back in April. One gossip site, in particular, even suggested that the 28-year-old committed a fashion faux pas.
In describing Pippa's look, Radar Online wrote the party planner wore "a matronly purple satin shift dress, with a weirdly shaped purple choker, a full-length jacket and matching hat perched precariously on her head." It continued, "While the above-the-knee dress showed off her lower leg, it hid Pippa's sexy curves and was a far cry from what the world has come to expect from the socialite."
Daily Mirror agreed that Pippa's fashion choice was incomparable to her royal wedding look. Still, the tabloid offered its opinion in a less judgmental way. It cited an onlooker as saying, "Pippa looked fab but it was a lot more demure than the figure-hugging gown she wore to the royal wedding."
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt