Pippa Middleton Draws Criticism for Fashion Choice at Wedding
Pippa Middleton's choice to hide her curves recently has brought her criticism. Last Saturday, September 10, the younger sister of Kate Middleton attended the wedding of her closest friends, Rose Laing and Jake French, in Perthshire, Scotland wearing a purple shift dress under a black coat.
Though some credited Pippa for trying not to steal the spotlight from the bride, others took note that the look failed by comparison to the much-talked-about simple white outfit she wore to the royal wedding back in April. One gossip site, in particular, even suggested that the 28-year-old committed a fashion faux pas.
In describing Pippa's look, Radar Online wrote the party planner wore "a matronly purple satin shift dress, with a weirdly shaped purple choker, a full-length jacket and matching hat perched precariously on her head." It continued, "While the above-the-knee dress showed off her lower leg, it hid Pippa's sexy curves and was a far cry from what the world has come to expect from the socialite."
Daily Mirror agreed that Pippa's fashion choice was incomparable to her royal wedding look. Still, the tabloid offered its opinion in a less judgmental way. It cited an onlooker as saying, "Pippa looked fab but it was a lot more demure than the figure-hugging gown she wore to the royal wedding."
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart