Sick Katy Perry Postpones Her September 11 Concert
Katy Perry was forced to put on hold her concert which was supposed to take place in Grand Rapids on September 11. The "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F)" hitmaker postponed the Sunday gig due to "an upper respiratory illness."
"Sick in bed and watching the memorials today," the 26-year-old singer wrote on Twitter, referring to the 10-year anniversary of the devastating terrorist attack. "Taking time to remember all the lost & all the heroes. #GodBlessAmerica."
Katy has set December 1 as a makeup date for the concert. She is expected to hold it at the same venue, Van Andel Arena. All tickets will be honored for the rescheduled date, but refunds for those who can't attend the show are also given at the point of purchase.
Prior to the postponed 9/11 gig, Katy performed at KFC Yum! Center in Louisville on September 10. Her gig was colorful as usual, but music critic Jeffrey Lee Puckett did note that her got "slight voice [which] was further derailed by illness."
Never to disappoint her fans, the "E.T." singer reportedly kept dancing like she promised before taking the stage. "Alright childrens! I'm gonna throw myself on stage tonight... snot, sweat, tears and all. Sing loud, I'ma need it! #LOUISVILLEDREAMS," she tweeted earlier in the day.
More Katy Perry News
- Ciara Hits Recording Studio
- Jason Momoa's 'Aquaman' Gets New Release Date
- Report: David and Victoria Beckham Are Separating
- Justin Bieber Exposes His Upper Thighs During Outing
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie