Sick Katy Perry Postpones Her September 11 Concert
Katy Perry was forced to put on hold her concert which was supposed to take place in Grand Rapids on September 11. The "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F)" hitmaker postponed the Sunday gig due to "an upper respiratory illness."
"Sick in bed and watching the memorials today," the 26-year-old singer wrote on Twitter, referring to the 10-year anniversary of the devastating terrorist attack. "Taking time to remember all the lost & all the heroes. #GodBlessAmerica."
Katy has set December 1 as a makeup date for the concert. She is expected to hold it at the same venue, Van Andel Arena. All tickets will be honored for the rescheduled date, but refunds for those who can't attend the show are also given at the point of purchase.
Prior to the postponed 9/11 gig, Katy performed at KFC Yum! Center in Louisville on September 10. Her gig was colorful as usual, but music critic Jeffrey Lee Puckett did note that her got "slight voice [which] was further derailed by illness."
Never to disappoint her fans, the "E.T." singer reportedly kept dancing like she promised before taking the stage. "Alright childrens! I'm gonna throw myself on stage tonight... snot, sweat, tears and all. Sing loud, I'ma need it! #LOUISVILLEDREAMS," she tweeted earlier in the day.
More Katy Perry News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance