Free New Drake Songs: 'Club Paradise' and 'Free Spirit'
Two new songs were given away by Drake on Sunday, September 11. The Canadian rapper took to his blog to drop the fresh tracks; one is a solo song called "Club Paradise", the other titled "Free Spirit" is a collaboration with Rick Ross.
For the former, Drizzy wrote a short message read, "Dropping this for our boy Avery...this was his favorite s*** during the recording process." For the latter, he quoted Princess Diana, "I like to be a free spirit. Some don't like that, but that's the way I am."
Drizzy tackles both the rapping and singing in those songs. In the "Club Paradise", he croons, "Tell me, who did I leave behind?/ You think you got to me/ I can just read your mind/ You think I'm so caught up in where I am right now/ But believe I remember it all."
In the "Free Spirit", he shows his possessiveness for the woman she loves. "Tat my name on you so I know its real/ Tat my f***ing name on you so I know its real," he sings. "Cause when Im not around, I'll still be there in spirit/ You'll still be mine, yea, you'll still be mine."
Another free offering from the "Trust Issues" crooner is a Waka Flocka Flame song called "Round of Applause" which features him. "First Lex Luger beat I ever got to rap on...feel like I got seat B60 on Southwest...everybody has gone in before me...but we made it happen!" he wrote to accompany this one.
"Round of Applause":
More Drake News
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy
- Is Ben Affleck Done Playing Batman? WB Reportedly Plans His Exit
- Is Meek Mill Finally Ready to End Longtime Feud With Drake?
- This Transgender Performer Suggests She Had an Affair With Kanye West
- Block B's U-Kwon Tells a Fan She Looks Like Crap
- Louis Tomlinson Says His Mom's Dying Wish Was for Him to Reconcile With Zayn Malik