Video: Beyonce's 'I Was Here' Featured in Heartfelt 9/11 Tribute
In memoriam of the 10-year anniversary of the September 11 attacks, ABC News puts together a touching tribute which features Beyonce Knowles' new song "I Was Here". As the ballad track is crooned by the R&B diva, montage of mourning families and friends gathering around the World Trade Center site, the Pentagon and in Shanksville, Pa. is shown.
"I wanna leave my footprints on the sands of time/ Know there was something that, and something that I left behind," the Queen Bey provides an anthem of remembrance for what tragically happened on the morning of September 11, 2001. "When I leave this world, I'll leave no regrets/ Leave something to remember, so they won't forget."
"I Was Here" is taken from Beyonce's latest studio installment "4" which has been in stores since June this year. The song was penned by Golden Globe and Grammy-winning songwriter Diane Warren.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen