Video: Beyonce's 'I Was Here' Featured in Heartfelt 9/11 Tribute
In memoriam of the 10-year anniversary of the September 11 attacks, ABC News puts together a touching tribute which features Beyonce Knowles' new song "I Was Here". As the ballad track is crooned by the R&B diva, montage of mourning families and friends gathering around the World Trade Center site, the Pentagon and in Shanksville, Pa. is shown.
"I wanna leave my footprints on the sands of time/ Know there was something that, and something that I left behind," the Queen Bey provides an anthem of remembrance for what tragically happened on the morning of September 11, 2001. "When I leave this world, I'll leave no regrets/ Leave something to remember, so they won't forget."
"I Was Here" is taken from Beyonce's latest studio installment "4" which has been in stores since June this year. The song was penned by Golden Globe and Grammy-winning songwriter Diane Warren.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard
- Comic-Con: 'Justice League' Debuts First Footage, 'Wonder Woman' Gets First Trailer