Video: Beyonce's 'I Was Here' Featured in Heartfelt 9/11 Tribute
In memoriam of the 10-year anniversary of the September 11 attacks, ABC News puts together a touching tribute which features Beyonce Knowles' new song "I Was Here". As the ballad track is crooned by the R&B diva, montage of mourning families and friends gathering around the World Trade Center site, the Pentagon and in Shanksville, Pa. is shown.
"I wanna leave my footprints on the sands of time/ Know there was something that, and something that I left behind," the Queen Bey provides an anthem of remembrance for what tragically happened on the morning of September 11, 2001. "When I leave this world, I'll leave no regrets/ Leave something to remember, so they won't forget."
"I Was Here" is taken from Beyonce's latest studio installment "4" which has been in stores since June this year. The song was penned by Golden Globe and Grammy-winning songwriter Diane Warren.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?