Video: Beyonce's 'I Was Here' Featured in Heartfelt 9/11 Tribute
In memoriam of the 10-year anniversary of the September 11 attacks, ABC News puts together a touching tribute which features Beyonce Knowles' new song "I Was Here". As the ballad track is crooned by the R&B diva, montage of mourning families and friends gathering around the World Trade Center site, the Pentagon and in Shanksville, Pa. is shown.
"I wanna leave my footprints on the sands of time/ Know there was something that, and something that I left behind," the Queen Bey provides an anthem of remembrance for what tragically happened on the morning of September 11, 2001. "When I leave this world, I'll leave no regrets/ Leave something to remember, so they won't forget."
"I Was Here" is taken from Beyonce's latest studio installment "4" which has been in stores since June this year. The song was penned by Golden Globe and Grammy-winning songwriter Diane Warren.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour