Video: Beyonce's 'I Was Here' Featured in Heartfelt 9/11 Tribute
In memoriam of the 10-year anniversary of the September 11 attacks, ABC News puts together a touching tribute which features Beyonce Knowles' new song "I Was Here". As the ballad track is crooned by the R&B diva, montage of mourning families and friends gathering around the World Trade Center site, the Pentagon and in Shanksville, Pa. is shown.
"I wanna leave my footprints on the sands of time/ Know there was something that, and something that I left behind," the Queen Bey provides an anthem of remembrance for what tragically happened on the morning of September 11, 2001. "When I leave this world, I'll leave no regrets/ Leave something to remember, so they won't forget."
"I Was Here" is taken from Beyonce's latest studio installment "4" which has been in stores since June this year. The song was penned by Golden Globe and Grammy-winning songwriter Diane Warren.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21
- DJ Khaled Releases New Album 'Grateful'
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular