Family Released Statement on Cliff Robertson's Death
Acting legend Cliff Robertson passed away just a day after his 88th birthday on September 9. The actor who won an Oscar for playing a mentally disabled man in 1968's "Charly" died of natural causes in Stony Brook, Long Island.
"My father was a loving father, devoted friend, dedicated professional and honorable man," daughter Stephanie Saunders said in a statement. "He stood by his family, friends, and colleagues through good times and bad. He made a difference in all our lives and made our world a better place. We will all miss him terribly."
Robertson was also known as young John F. Kennedy in "PT 109". But in recent years, he was recognized as Uncle Ben in the "Spider-Man" movies.
A funeral for the actor is set to be held on Friday, September 16 in East Hampton, The Associated Press reported.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3