Tinie Tempah Wins Bid on Marty McFly's 'Back to the Future' Shoes
The very first pair of the Nike Air Mag shoes that Michael J. Fox's Marty McFly wore in "Back to the Future II" has fallen into the hands of Tinie Tempah. On Thursday (September 8) night, the British rapper dropped $37,500 on the futuristic sneakers at a charity auction in Los Angeles.
"It was a total spur of the moment decision," confessed the 22-year-old to TMZ. "I was really touched in the moment by the presentation and next thing I knew I owned these iconic sneakers." A longtime sneaker-collector, he added that the shoes "were an all-around great purchase that will go on to help [The Michael J. Fox Foundation]. I feel fortunate to be able to help."
Nike created a limited-edition shoe based on a pair appearing in 1989 movie "Back to the Future II". Dubbed 2011 Nike Mag, it is designed to be an exact replica of the fictional sneaker. 1,500 pairs of the sneakers have been released for auction on eBay until September 18. All proceeds will benefit the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's disease research.
Michael, the star in the "Back to the Future" series, himself has taken to the "Late Show with David Letterman" to show a pair on Thursday. He told host David Letterman, "This brings together three populations of people with major Joneses. The sneakerheads, the Back to the Future people, who, believe me, are out of their mind ... in a good way! Thank God for them. And the people in the Parkinson's community who have an interest in research."
- Jennifer Lopez Claps Back at Haters for Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Abs
- Bella Thorne and Scott Disick Holding Hands After a Night of Partying and Boozing
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21
- DJ Khaled Releases New Album 'Grateful'
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?