Avril Lavigne Cries Her Eyes Out in 'Wish You Were Here' Video
Avril Lavigne shows her vulnerable side in a newly-premiered music video to support her latest single "Wish You Were Here". Sitting on the floor in an old crusty warehouse, the blonde punk rock chic sets a red daisy on fire and cries over her lost love until her eyes get puffy and her mascara runs down her face.
"Damn, damn, damn, what I'd do to have you here," Avril wails while soaking wet in a bathtub. "What do you guys think of the new 'Wish You Were Here' video? It's simple but emotional. Raw and real. Stripped down," she wrote on Twitter about the clip which was directed by Marc Webb.
"Wish You Were Here" is taken from Avril's latest studio album "Goodbye Lullaby" which has been released since March this year. The single comes from direction hands of two powerhouse music makers Max Martin and Shellback.
Avril Lavigne is currently in the middle of her Black Star tour around the globe to promote the album. Earlier this week, she performed at Palasport Olimpico in Turin, Italy and will continue traveling Europe at least until September 23 before heading back to Canada for a number of other concerts.
Avril Lavigne's "Wish You Were Here" music video
Avril's Concert in Italy:
More Avril Lavigne News
- Twitter Users Are Begging Marvel to Give Captain America a Boyfriend
- Amy Schumer Blasts Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary