Ricki Lake Hobbles After Being Injured During 'DWTS' Rehearsal
"Dancing with the Stars" season 13 has claimed its first victim. Ricki Lake took to her Twitter to inform that she got injured during a rehearsal on Wednesday, September 7, writing, "Look, my first injury... Don't ask how it happened," while sharing a picture of her bruised shin.
"Not sure how my bruise turned into a medic showing up? I'm fine!! :)" she added a few hours later. Giving a shout out to last season's contestant Kirstie Alley, the 42-year-old tweeted, "@kirstiealley I've got my work cut out for me. Channeling ya' mama. xo"
Met outside the "DWTS" studio on Thursday, September 8, Lake was seen hobbling when walking her way onto her car alongside dancing partner Derek Hough. When reporters asked what happened to her leg, Hough joked, "I kicked her," before she finally explained, "I injured myself yesterday by hitting my heel into my shin ... I'm fine."
The new season of the dancing competition will premiere Monday, September 19 on ABC. Other stars joining the reality show include Kristin Cavallari, David Arquette, Chaz Bono, J.R. Martinez, Nancy Grace and Elisabetta Canalis.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending