Ricki Lake Hobbles After Being Injured During 'DWTS' Rehearsal
"Dancing with the Stars" season 13 has claimed its first victim. Ricki Lake took to her Twitter to inform that she got injured during a rehearsal on Wednesday, September 7, writing, "Look, my first injury... Don't ask how it happened," while sharing a picture of her bruised shin.
"Not sure how my bruise turned into a medic showing up? I'm fine!! :)" she added a few hours later. Giving a shout out to last season's contestant Kirstie Alley, the 42-year-old tweeted, "@kirstiealley I've got my work cut out for me. Channeling ya' mama. xo"
Met outside the "DWTS" studio on Thursday, September 8, Lake was seen hobbling when walking her way onto her car alongside dancing partner Derek Hough. When reporters asked what happened to her leg, Hough joked, "I kicked her," before she finally explained, "I injured myself yesterday by hitting my heel into my shin ... I'm fine."
The new season of the dancing competition will premiere Monday, September 19 on ABC. Other stars joining the reality show include Kristin Cavallari, David Arquette, Chaz Bono, J.R. Martinez, Nancy Grace and Elisabetta Canalis.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS
- Super Junior Shows Off Strong Bond After Recent Meet-Up
- Burglar Hits Michael B. Jordan's Home, Walks Off With Cash and Jewelry
- Report: Katy Perry Is Dating Takeoff of Migos