Ricki Lake Hobbles After Being Injured During 'DWTS' Rehearsal
"Dancing with the Stars" season 13 has claimed its first victim. Ricki Lake took to her Twitter to inform that she got injured during a rehearsal on Wednesday, September 7, writing, "Look, my first injury... Don't ask how it happened," while sharing a picture of her bruised shin.
"Not sure how my bruise turned into a medic showing up? I'm fine!! :)" she added a few hours later. Giving a shout out to last season's contestant Kirstie Alley, the 42-year-old tweeted, "@kirstiealley I've got my work cut out for me. Channeling ya' mama. xo"
Met outside the "DWTS" studio on Thursday, September 8, Lake was seen hobbling when walking her way onto her car alongside dancing partner Derek Hough. When reporters asked what happened to her leg, Hough joked, "I kicked her," before she finally explained, "I injured myself yesterday by hitting my heel into my shin ... I'm fine."
The new season of the dancing competition will premiere Monday, September 19 on ABC. Other stars joining the reality show include Kristin Cavallari, David Arquette, Chaz Bono, J.R. Martinez, Nancy Grace and Elisabetta Canalis.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Prince's Rep Addresses Jay-Z's Rumored $40 Million Offer for His Unreleased Music
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Showrunner Bryan Fuller Departs the TV Series
- Kevin Hart Eyed to Play Santa Clause in Disney's 'Dashing Through the Snow'
- Kesha Previews 4 New Songs, Hopes to Release New Album 'Early Next Year'
- Are They Engaged? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Flaunt Matching Rings on Instagram
- Michael Phelps Secretly Weds Nicole Johnson
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video