Ricki Lake Hobbles After Being Injured During 'DWTS' Rehearsal
"Dancing with the Stars" season 13 has claimed its first victim. Ricki Lake took to her Twitter to inform that she got injured during a rehearsal on Wednesday, September 7, writing, "Look, my first injury... Don't ask how it happened," while sharing a picture of her bruised shin.
"Not sure how my bruise turned into a medic showing up? I'm fine!! :)" she added a few hours later. Giving a shout out to last season's contestant Kirstie Alley, the 42-year-old tweeted, "@kirstiealley I've got my work cut out for me. Channeling ya' mama. xo"
Met outside the "DWTS" studio on Thursday, September 8, Lake was seen hobbling when walking her way onto her car alongside dancing partner Derek Hough. When reporters asked what happened to her leg, Hough joked, "I kicked her," before she finally explained, "I injured myself yesterday by hitting my heel into my shin ... I'm fine."
The new season of the dancing competition will premiere Monday, September 19 on ABC. Other stars joining the reality show include Kristin Cavallari, David Arquette, Chaz Bono, J.R. Martinez, Nancy Grace and Elisabetta Canalis.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards
- Demi Lovato Surprises Fans as Undercover Lyft Driver and Disses Selena Gomez
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'