Nicole Richie: Jessica Simpson Is Someone I Really Respect
Nicole Richie is speaking out against claims that she is at war with Jessica Simpson on the set of "Fashion Star". During a phone interview with "On Air with Ryan Seacrest" on Thursday, August 8, the "House of Harlow" designer set the record straight by insisting that she respects her fellow mentor on the new reality show.
"Well, I'll tell you right now that that couldn't be further from the truth," the 29-year-old told Ryan Seacrest. "I actually love and adore Jessica. ... I've known her for years, first of all. I already knew who she was as a person, and who she is, is someone who is very kind, very sweet, and extremely smart and a great business woman. And someone that I really respect."
The feud rumors were sparked by a recent report from Us Weekly that claimed there's "definite friction" between Nicole and Jessica. One insider said, "They chat only when they need to, and they have wildly different opinions about style," while another alleged that Nicole "thinks Jessica doesn't have much of a high-fashion eye" and "makes snarky comments about Jessica's outfits".
It was further reported that Jessica "really doesn't care what Nicole thinks" because she "believes she know how to make clothes for all kinds of women." During the chat with Ryan, Nicole reacted, "I can understand that's probably exciting to read about, but as far as that being the truth, that couldn't be farther from it. I couldn't love someone or respect someone more."
As for "Fashion Star" itself, Nicole gushed, "I'm really excited, and it's something that I'm extremely honored to be a part of." She added, "We have a lot of fun on it, I have to say. A lot of fun," before promising, "And I think that you're going to see different sides to everyone for sure."
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'