Skylar Grey Embraces Her Insecurity in 'Invisible' Music Video
Skylar Grey is embracing her insecurity instead of fighting it in her newly-premiered music video for her official first single "Invisible". It shows a broody-looking Skylar as she walks through the crowd. She, however, finds her solace when standing tall on an iron bar hanging by a construction crane while overlooking the city below her.
"Even when I'm walking on a wire/ Even when I set myself on fire / Why do I always feel invisible?" she coos in between the lazy beat. "Even though inside I'm such a mess / Why do I always feel invisible?" she went on. "Trying everything to make them see me / But all they see is someone that's not me."
Talking about the video, she said, "I wanted it to be Peter Parker by day mets Spiderman by night. An everyday kid, who isn't really that cool but there's something else going on, that people don't know about. Thas kind of the journey that I went on. I discovered that my insecurities and my flaws were things that I actually need to embrace, and I let them become my superpowers."
The song is recorded for Skylar's debut album of the same name "Invisible" which hasn't got any release date. "[It] is where I started out when I moved up to the woods and I was trying to find out who I was in the world because I felt very lost," she once said. "Then I came out of that whole experience with this new found strength and I made me feel invincible, the whole theme of the album tells that story."
Skylar Grey's "Invisible" music video
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!