Skylar Grey Embraces Her Insecurity in 'Invisible' Music Video
Skylar Grey is embracing her insecurity instead of fighting it in her newly-premiered music video for her official first single "Invisible". It shows a broody-looking Skylar as she walks through the crowd. She, however, finds her solace when standing tall on an iron bar hanging by a construction crane while overlooking the city below her.
"Even when I'm walking on a wire/ Even when I set myself on fire / Why do I always feel invisible?" she coos in between the lazy beat. "Even though inside I'm such a mess / Why do I always feel invisible?" she went on. "Trying everything to make them see me / But all they see is someone that's not me."
Talking about the video, she said, "I wanted it to be Peter Parker by day mets Spiderman by night. An everyday kid, who isn't really that cool but there's something else going on, that people don't know about. Thas kind of the journey that I went on. I discovered that my insecurities and my flaws were things that I actually need to embrace, and I let them become my superpowers."
The song is recorded for Skylar's debut album of the same name "Invisible" which hasn't got any release date. "[It] is where I started out when I moved up to the woods and I was trying to find out who I was in the world because I felt very lost," she once said. "Then I came out of that whole experience with this new found strength and I made me feel invincible, the whole theme of the album tells that story."
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked