Skylar Grey Embraces Her Insecurity in 'Invisible' Music Video
Skylar Grey is embracing her insecurity instead of fighting it in her newly-premiered music video for her official first single "Invisible". It shows a broody-looking Skylar as she walks through the crowd. She, however, finds her solace when standing tall on an iron bar hanging by a construction crane while overlooking the city below her.
"Even when I'm walking on a wire/ Even when I set myself on fire / Why do I always feel invisible?" she coos in between the lazy beat. "Even though inside I'm such a mess / Why do I always feel invisible?" she went on. "Trying everything to make them see me / But all they see is someone that's not me."
Talking about the video, she said, "I wanted it to be Peter Parker by day mets Spiderman by night. An everyday kid, who isn't really that cool but there's something else going on, that people don't know about. Thas kind of the journey that I went on. I discovered that my insecurities and my flaws were things that I actually need to embrace, and I let them become my superpowers."
The song is recorded for Skylar's debut album of the same name "Invisible" which hasn't got any release date. "[It] is where I started out when I moved up to the woods and I was trying to find out who I was in the world because I felt very lost," she once said. "Then I came out of that whole experience with this new found strength and I made me feel invincible, the whole theme of the album tells that story."
Skylar Grey's "Invisible" music video
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media
- Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'