Charlie Sheen to Return to Big Screen With Roman Coppola's New Film
Charlie Sheen has landed his first big screen role since quitting hit TV series "Two and a Half Men". Variety reported that the 46-year-old troubled actor is set to star in an indie movie titled "A Glimpse Inside the Mind of Charlie Swan III".
Sheen, who reportedly will portray the titular character, is expected to play opposite Jason Schwartzman, who plays King Louis XVI in "Marie Antoinette". Meanwhile, Schwartzman's uncle Roman Coppola will serve behind the lens as well as pen the screenplay.
The movie, which will be produced by Youree Henley, centers on a successful graphic designer whose fame, money and charm have made him irresistible to women. However, when he splits from his girlfriend, his life heads into a downward spiral. Words are, the storyline is related to some travails in Sheen's real life.
Beside this film project, Sheen is set to headline a new sitcom called "Anger Management" after being fired from "Men" last March. Produced by Joe Roth, the upcoming TV series is based on the 2003 hit comedy film of the same name starring Adam Sandler.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce