Jon Gosselin Advises Kate to Get Back to Simple Life
Jon Gosselin is giving his former spouse some tough love. Kate Gosselin has expressed concern for her financial future after her "Kate Plus 8" show was axed, but Jon apparently sees the cancellation as an opportunity for his ex-wife to get back to normal life.
During a recent interview with Rumor Fix, 34-year-old Jon stressed, "Reality TV is not a career." He went on to advise his 36-year-old ex to "get back to a normal life - a simple life," but reminded her to "provide for your family."
Kate, previously, opened up to PEOPLE that she's "freaking out" about the future, but Jon assured she shouldn't have. Offering words of consolation, he said, "Things will work out the way they should work out. Obviously, there are families out there that have several kids - people work normal jobs, and things work out."
In the interview, Jon also addressed Kate's worries that she and her eight children might have to leave their farmhouse in Pennsylvania. "I don't have a farm on 24 acres and the kids seem to have a great time at my house," he said in his response.
Jon, who is now working as a computer support engineer, also stated that he continues to pay child support. He added that he likes his current lifestyle. "I go to work every day and provide for my family," he said. "I spend time with my kids - spend time on the weekends ... and enjoy a normal lifestyle."
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'