Jon Gosselin Advises Kate to Get Back to Simple Life
Jon Gosselin is giving his former spouse some tough love. Kate Gosselin has expressed concern for her financial future after her "Kate Plus 8" show was axed, but Jon apparently sees the cancellation as an opportunity for his ex-wife to get back to normal life.
During a recent interview with Rumor Fix, 34-year-old Jon stressed, "Reality TV is not a career." He went on to advise his 36-year-old ex to "get back to a normal life - a simple life," but reminded her to "provide for your family."
Kate, previously, opened up to PEOPLE that she's "freaking out" about the future, but Jon assured she shouldn't have. Offering words of consolation, he said, "Things will work out the way they should work out. Obviously, there are families out there that have several kids - people work normal jobs, and things work out."
In the interview, Jon also addressed Kate's worries that she and her eight children might have to leave their farmhouse in Pennsylvania. "I don't have a farm on 24 acres and the kids seem to have a great time at my house," he said in his response.
Jon, who is now working as a computer support engineer, also stated that he continues to pay child support. He added that he likes his current lifestyle. "I go to work every day and provide for my family," he said. "I spend time with my kids - spend time on the weekends ... and enjoy a normal lifestyle."
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease