Jon Gosselin Advises Kate to Get Back to Simple Life
Jon Gosselin is giving his former spouse some tough love. Kate Gosselin has expressed concern for her financial future after her "Kate Plus 8" show was axed, but Jon apparently sees the cancellation as an opportunity for his ex-wife to get back to normal life.
During a recent interview with Rumor Fix, 34-year-old Jon stressed, "Reality TV is not a career." He went on to advise his 36-year-old ex to "get back to a normal life - a simple life," but reminded her to "provide for your family."
Kate, previously, opened up to PEOPLE that she's "freaking out" about the future, but Jon assured she shouldn't have. Offering words of consolation, he said, "Things will work out the way they should work out. Obviously, there are families out there that have several kids - people work normal jobs, and things work out."
In the interview, Jon also addressed Kate's worries that she and her eight children might have to leave their farmhouse in Pennsylvania. "I don't have a farm on 24 acres and the kids seem to have a great time at my house," he said in his response.
Jon, who is now working as a computer support engineer, also stated that he continues to pay child support. He added that he likes his current lifestyle. "I go to work every day and provide for my family," he said. "I spend time with my kids - spend time on the weekends ... and enjoy a normal lifestyle."
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child