Regis Philbin May Star on Reality Show
After quitting "Live with Regis and Kelly" on November 18, Regis Philbin may still grace small screen regularly with reality series. The 80-year-old comedian recently hinted that he is "in talks" regarding some new projects and he is interested in doing a reality show.
"There are several things that interest me. You know these reality shows? I would love to do a real reality show where Regis goes out," he revealed on the Wednesday (September 7) episode of the "Live" show, before adding, "I did a little pilot for somebody last week in L.A."
Philbin went on sharing that he was followed by cameras when visiting an eye doctor for floaters in his eyes. "So they took the camera up, and when (the doctor) would leave the room, I'd say, 'This is ridiculous! Why can't they give me a pill or a shot to get rid of this!?' Then I went to do Craig Ferguson and whatever happened, happened," the former "America's Got Talent" host said.
While he is awaiting the edited version before deciding if he will fully commit to the show or not, Philbin has already had a name for it. "This Week With Regis!" he gushed, "You like that?" However, he would take some time off befor jumping on a new project, claiming, "That's why I haven't made the decision yet."
Joking that he has one thing to worry about doing a reality show, Philbin enthused, "How do you compete with the Kardashians? Regis on the street - I'm no Kim Kardashian." He additionally revealed he was also offered to do a sitcom, but he is not interested because "it's so time-consuming."
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March