Neil Diamond Engaged to Co-Manager, Tweets He's Lovestruck
Neil Diamond is one step closer to getting married for the third time. On Wednesday, September 7, the "Sweet Caroline" singer made public his engagement to Katie McNeil, his co-manager who also produced his 2009 documentary "Neil Diamond: Hot August Night NYC", on Twitter.
"Good news coming from sunny LA/ and you're the first I want to tell/ Katie & I just got engaged/ and I hope you wish us well," the 70-year-old said in his announcement. Minutes later, he shared a photo of his new fiancee along with a tweet that read, "I'd like you to meet Katie. I'm lovestruck. I took this photo in London last month."
This will be Neil's third marriage. The singer, whose hits also include "America" and "Song Sung Blue", tied the knot with his high school sweetheart, Jayne Posner, in 1963. From the marriage that ended in 1969, he had two daughters, Marjorie and Elyn. He went to wed assistant Marcia Murphey and had two more kids before divorcing in 1995.
News of Neil's engagement came out on the same day he was revealed as one of five cultural icons to be honored at the 34th Annual Kennedy Center Honors on December 27. Joining him in the list are actress Meryl Streep, cellist Yo-Yo Ma, saxophonist and composer Sonny Rollins, and singer Barbara Cook.
"This year, the Kennedy Center selects five extraordinary individuals whose collective artistry has contributed significantly to the cultural life of our nation and the world," Kennedy Center Chairman David M. Rubenstein said. "Neil Diamond's songwriting genius has created one of the most enduring catalogs of American popular music and his live performances have captivated audiences for five decades."
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sports Cornrows and Heavy Makeup in New Instagram Pics
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes
- Cristiano Ronaldo's Mother Laughs Off Georgina Rodriguez Pregnancy Rumor: 'It's Nonsense'
- Lamar Odom Is Refused Entry at Los Angeles Strip Club
- Kim Kardashian Is Begging Khloe to Be Her Surrogate for Baby No. 3
- So Cruel! Travis Scott Compares Kylie's Bedroom Skills to Sister Kendall Jenner's
- Selena Gomez Denies Collaboration With The Weeknd on New Music: 'It's Not True'