First Clip From 'The Thing' Features Alien Creature Breaking Free
Universal Pictures have unleashed the first clip from "The Thing". Making its way out via MTV, this newly-released snippet puts the focus on the scene wherein Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje's Derek Jameson witnesses how an alien creature that is trapped in an ice block breaks free from its confinement.
This prequel to John Carpenter's 1982 film follows paleontologist Kate Lloyd who travels to the desolate region for the expedition of her lifetime. Joining a Norwegian scientific team that has stumbled across an extraterrestrial ship buried in the ice, she discovers an organism that seems to have died in the crash eons ago, but it is about to wake up.
When a simple experiment frees the alien from its frozen prison, Kate must join the crew's pilot, Sam Carter, to keep it from killing them off one at a time. In this vast, intense land, a parasite that can mimic anything it touches will pit human against human as it tries to survive and flourish.
Lead actress Mary Elizabeth Winstead recently opened up to MTV about the pressure of working on this prequel of the classic movie. "There was definitely a lot of pressure, because everyone involved is a fan of the John Carpenter version," she acknowledged. "None of us wanted to mess it up and none of us wanted to sully the legend of the John Carpenter film."
Mary takes the role of female protagonist Kate. She is joined in the cast ensemble by Joel Edgerton, who plays helicopter pilot Sam. Directed by Matthijs van Heijningen Jr., "The Thing" is slated for October 14 release in U.S. theaters.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences