First Clip From 'The Thing' Features Alien Creature Breaking Free
Universal Pictures have unleashed the first clip from "The Thing". Making its way out via MTV, this newly-released snippet puts the focus on the scene wherein Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje's Derek Jameson witnesses how an alien creature that is trapped in an ice block breaks free from its confinement.
This prequel to John Carpenter's 1982 film follows paleontologist Kate Lloyd who travels to the desolate region for the expedition of her lifetime. Joining a Norwegian scientific team that has stumbled across an extraterrestrial ship buried in the ice, she discovers an organism that seems to have died in the crash eons ago, but it is about to wake up.
When a simple experiment frees the alien from its frozen prison, Kate must join the crew's pilot, Sam Carter, to keep it from killing them off one at a time. In this vast, intense land, a parasite that can mimic anything it touches will pit human against human as it tries to survive and flourish.
Lead actress Mary Elizabeth Winstead recently opened up to MTV about the pressure of working on this prequel of the classic movie. "There was definitely a lot of pressure, because everyone involved is a fan of the John Carpenter version," she acknowledged. "None of us wanted to mess it up and none of us wanted to sully the legend of the John Carpenter film."
Mary takes the role of female protagonist Kate. She is joined in the cast ensemble by Joel Edgerton, who plays helicopter pilot Sam. Directed by Matthijs van Heijningen Jr., "The Thing" is slated for October 14 release in U.S. theaters.
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs