Coroner: Russell Armstrong Not Under the Influence at Time of Death
Russell Armstrong is sober when he killed himself three weeks before the second season of "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" was premiered. Los Angeles County Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter confirmed to E! News that toxicology tests uncovered neither alcohol nor drugs was found in the reality star's system at time of death.
On Wednesday, September 7, Winter also explained that once a person passes away, it "takes a long time" for alcohol and other substances to break down. The Assistant Chief Coroner additionally ruled out possibility of foul play in the death of Taylor Armstrong's estranged husband, although family insisted that he was murdered.
Russell Armstrong was found dead inside his bedroom at his friend's Los Angeles home, where he had been staying on August 15. Days after his death, autopsy result confirmed his cause of death as suicide by hanging. Los Angeles Chief Coroner Investigator Harvey Craig added that the 47-year-old's body was found more than 24 hours after he killed himself.
Meanwhile, Russell's mother John Ann Hotchkis accused Taylor for splurging using the venture capitalist's credit card after their split. In an interview on HLN Wednesday night, she claimed, "$90,000 was put on his credit card in June, not by him. Taylor put $90,000 on there. She put $90,000 on his credit card in June after she separated."
More The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding