Andrea Mitchell Battling Early Stage of Breast Cancer
Andrea Mitchell was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. The NBC Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent broke the news that she is among one in eight women in the United States who has breast cancer, during a broadcast of "Andrea Mitchell Reports" on Wednesday, September 7.
"And now a personal note, or how I spent my summer vacation," the 64-year-old said near the end of her MSNBC show. "I had planned to be hiking in Wyoming last week, but instead discovered that I am now among the one in eight women in this country - incredibly, one in eight - who've had breast cancer."
The veteran reporter continued, "Mine was discovered during my annual screening just a short time ago." Noting the positive side of the diagnosis, she added, "Luckily for me, I'm one of the fortunate ones. We discovered it in the earliest stage, it had not spread, and I'm already back at work with a terrific prognosis."
Andrea went on to explain her commitment to the cause and urge other women to get annual screenings. "I'm looking at this as another of life's lessons," she said. "For you women out there and the men who love you, screening matters. Do it. This disease can be completely curable if you find it at the right time."
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes