Nick Jonas Officially Tapped to Replace Daniel Radclife in 'How to Succeed'
Nick Jonas has been chosen to take over Daniel Radcliffe's role in Broadway play "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying". Along with director Rob Ashford, Jonas announced the news at an event at Sardi's in New York City, on Wednesday afternoon, September 7.
Jonas is following the footsteps of the "Harry Potter" actor, who will be in the show until January 1. "Glee" star Darren Criss will fill in the role for three weeks starting January 3, before the youngest member of the Jonas Brothers begins his stint on the play from January 24 to July 1, 2012.
Jonas, who will turn 19 next week, also took to his Twitter to share his involvement in the project. He wrote, "It's official. I'm coming back to Broadway," before adding, "So excited & honored to play the role of J. Pierrepont Finch in How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying next year!"
"How to Succeed", however, will not be Jonas' first foray into theater. He has previously landed roles in several plays, including "A Christmas Carol", "Beauty and the Beast" and "Annie Get Your Gun". Recently, he tackled the role as Marius in "Les Miserables" for the 25th anniversary concert in London last year.
More Nick Jonas News
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy