Man Broke Into Celine Dion's Mansion and Drew Bath
A man broke into Celine Dion and husband Rene Angelil's Quebec house, ate her food and drew a bath. Daniel Bedard, 36, was caught by police who came in response of the alarm system, just as he was about to step inside the bathtub. The 36-year-old man reportedly said to the police, "Hey, guys what are you doing here?"
Bedard apparently jumped over the fence onto the property. He tried to open a door to the house but when unsuccessful, he took some keys and opened the garage with remote taken from one of Angelil's unlocked cars. "He opened the water faucets, was pouring a nice warmish bath (and) he even managed to eat some pastry that was in the fridge," police spokesman Franco Di Genova said of the suspect.
Showing up with canine unit, the police confronted him and arrested him on the spot for the charges of breaking and entering, auto theft and causing property damage. The arraignment was Tuesday and Bedard is due to be back in court on November 21.
Dion, her husband and their children were at their Florida residence at the time of the incident.
More Celine Dion News
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake