Man Broke Into Celine Dion's Mansion and Drew Bath
A man broke into Celine Dion and husband Rene Angelil's Quebec house, ate her food and drew a bath. Daniel Bedard, 36, was caught by police who came in response of the alarm system, just as he was about to step inside the bathtub. The 36-year-old man reportedly said to the police, "Hey, guys what are you doing here?"
Bedard apparently jumped over the fence onto the property. He tried to open a door to the house but when unsuccessful, he took some keys and opened the garage with remote taken from one of Angelil's unlocked cars. "He opened the water faucets, was pouring a nice warmish bath (and) he even managed to eat some pastry that was in the fridge," police spokesman Franco Di Genova said of the suspect.
Showing up with canine unit, the police confronted him and arrested him on the spot for the charges of breaking and entering, auto theft and causing property damage. The arraignment was Tuesday and Bedard is due to be back in court on November 21.
Dion, her husband and their children were at their Florida residence at the time of the incident.
More Celine Dion News
- Is Katy Perry Romancing Calvin Harris to Get Back at Taylor Swift?
- Miley Cyrus Makes Liam Hemsworth Jealous Over Her Pampering Sessions With Pet Pig
- 'Bachelorette' Recap: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Help Test the Guys' Husband Skills
- John Boyega Shows Finn's New Weapon in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Bella Thorne Gets Cuddly With Ex Gregg Sulkin After Super Quick Fling With Scott Disick
- Kourtney Kardashian Ready to Introduce Younes Bendjima to Her Family
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' Is Not Hacked, Claims Disney CEO
- Niall Horan Pays Tribute to Manchester Bombing Victims, Makes 'On the Loose' TV Debut on 'Today'