Chloe Moretz Turns to Blake Lively for Help in 'Hick' Clip
A first real look at "Hick" has been made available in the form of a clip. Courtesy of MTV, the sneak peek highlights on the scene wherein Chloe Moretz recognizes Eddie Redmayne as a drifter she met on the road one unfortunate, and quickly tells Blake Lively about her suspicion.
In this indie road drama film, Chloe plays 13-year-old broken home girl named Luli. Her mother and father spend their evenings getting obnoxiously plastered at the local watering hole, then go at it like a pair of trashy, drunk teenagers. When they manage to throw down at her birthday party, she decides to hitch a ride to Vegas armed with a Smith & Wesson .45.
Dressed like a girl twice her age, Luli immediately gets picked up by a wannabe cowboy named Eddie. The two fail to hit it off and Luli is ejected from the car. Luckily, she meets Glenda, a drug addict who acts as her big sister but uses her as an accessory to a robbery. Just as things seem to be going moderately well, Eddie makes an unwelcome return and becomes increasingly difficult to evade.
Based on Andrea Portes' novel of the same name, "Hick" is also supported by Alec Baldwin, Juliette Lewis and Rory Culkin. Directed by "Lymelife" helmer Derick Martini, it is set to be screened at the Toronto International Film Festival this coming Saturday, September 10, before being played again on Sunday, September 11 and Friday, September 16.
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death