Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bruce Willis Sign Up for 'Substantial' Roles in 'Expendables 2'
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Bruce Willis have reportedly been locked for "The Expendables II". According to Deadline, the "Terminator" movie franchise hunk and the John McClane of "Die Hard" films have closed deals to take "substantial" roles in the follow-up to "The Expendables".
Schwarzenegger and Willis previously appeared as cameos in the 2010 hard-hitting action movie, with the former playing Barney Ross' (Sylvester Stallone) rival mercenary leader Trent Mauser and Willis portraying a man who hires Ross for a mission in Vilena. Stallone will additionally reprise his role in the upcoming film, but he will not return as the director.
Other original stars such as Jet Li, Jason Statham, Dolph Lundgren, Mickey Rourke and Terry Crews are also expected to return to the sequel, while Chuck Norris, John Travolta, Donnie Yen and Jean-Claude Van Damme have been rumored to be added to the line-up.
"The Expendables II" is set for August 17, 2012 release in the United States. Principal photography will reportedly take place in China with Simon West serving behind the lens.
Beside "Expendables II", Schwarzenegger is also on board Kim Jee-Woon's English-language debut "The Last Stand" which was recently rumored to nab Peter Stormare as the former Governor's on-screen foe. As for Willis, he can next be seen in "Looper" and reportedly lands a role as General Joe Colton in "G.I. Joe: Retaliation".
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Possible Reconciliation With Christina
- Chance The Rapper and Jeremih Featured on Taylor Bennett's 'Grown Up Fairy Tales'
- Uh-Oh! 'The Vampire Diaries' Poised to Bring Back This Ultimate Villain
- Report: Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Moving to Australia Next Year
- Selena Gomez Goes Braless in Sexy New Pics
- Patrick Stewart Is Done Playing Professor X in 'X-Men' Franchise
- Jamie Foxx Dumps Katie Holmes Over Her Scientology Drama
- Mahershala Ali and Wife Welcome Baby Girl