Anthony Hopkins to Hunt Serial Killer in 'Solace'
Anthony Hopkins is reportedly in final talks to star in New Line's serial killer movie "Solace". Instead of playing the murderer, the actor who tackles the titular character in "King Lear" is expected to be the one who hunts down the mysterious person.
According to Variety, Hopkins will portray a former doctor named John Clancy who has psychic abilities and works for the FBI. He is drawn into the case only to find that the killer also is a psychic, leading to a showdown between the two who can detect each other's every move.
The original draft of the "Solace" script was written by Sean Bailey and Ted Griffin, and was later rewritten by James Vanderbilt before being revised once again by Peter Morgan. Production for the movie is slated to start early next year.
Anthony Hopkins is famously known for his portrayal as Dr. Hannibal Lecter in 1991's "The Silence of the Lambs". He was most recently seen starring as Odin in "Thor" and Father Lucas Trevant in "The Rite". He is also attached to upcoming pic "Hemingway and Fuentes".
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Leaked Photo Reveals Spider-Man and Doctor Strange's Scene
- John McCain Is Diagnosed With Brain Cancer, Politicians Send Support
- Adele Is Struggling to Write New Album Because She Isn't 'Depressed' Enough
- Yoo Seung Ho Reveals He Enlisted to Military Because He Didn't Like Acting
- Meet Guillermo del Toro's Newest Creature in Dreamy First Trailer for 'The Shape of Water'