Anthony Hopkins to Hunt Serial Killer in 'Solace'
Anthony Hopkins is reportedly in final talks to star in New Line's serial killer movie "Solace". Instead of playing the murderer, the actor who tackles the titular character in "King Lear" is expected to be the one who hunts down the mysterious person.
According to Variety, Hopkins will portray a former doctor named John Clancy who has psychic abilities and works for the FBI. He is drawn into the case only to find that the killer also is a psychic, leading to a showdown between the two who can detect each other's every move.
The original draft of the "Solace" script was written by Sean Bailey and Ted Griffin, and was later rewritten by James Vanderbilt before being revised once again by Peter Morgan. Production for the movie is slated to start early next year.
Anthony Hopkins is famously known for his portrayal as Dr. Hannibal Lecter in 1991's "The Silence of the Lambs". He was most recently seen starring as Odin in "Thor" and Father Lucas Trevant in "The Rite". He is also attached to upcoming pic "Hemingway and Fuentes".
- Suki Waterhouse Flashes Nipples in See-Through Dress During Chilly Beach Photo Shoot
- Anne Hathaway Controls a Monster in 'Colossal' Trailer
- Gregg Sulkin and Tyler Posey's Nude Photos Leaked by Ex Bella Thorne?
- Bella Hadid Bumps Into Ex The Weeknd During Concert at Madison Square Garden
- Dwayne Johnson's Black Adam Gets a Solo Movie as DC Splits 'Shazam'
- Amber Rose Claps Back at Haters Accusing Her of Being Rude to Sexual Assault Victim
- Did Charlie Sheen Just Threaten Jon Voight for Speaking at Donald Trump's Pre-Inagural Event?
- Kanye West Is Not Invited to Perform at Trump's Inauguration Because of This!