Anthony Hopkins to Hunt Serial Killer in 'Solace'
Anthony Hopkins is reportedly in final talks to star in New Line's serial killer movie "Solace". Instead of playing the murderer, the actor who tackles the titular character in "King Lear" is expected to be the one who hunts down the mysterious person.
According to Variety, Hopkins will portray a former doctor named John Clancy who has psychic abilities and works for the FBI. He is drawn into the case only to find that the killer also is a psychic, leading to a showdown between the two who can detect each other's every move.
The original draft of the "Solace" script was written by Sean Bailey and Ted Griffin, and was later rewritten by James Vanderbilt before being revised once again by Peter Morgan. Production for the movie is slated to start early next year.
Anthony Hopkins is famously known for his portrayal as Dr. Hannibal Lecter in 1991's "The Silence of the Lambs". He was most recently seen starring as Odin in "Thor" and Father Lucas Trevant in "The Rite". He is also attached to upcoming pic "Hemingway and Fuentes".
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert