Sherri Shepherd Confesses of Not Wearing Underwear on Wedding Day
Sherri Shepherd has gone commando when tying the knot to her TV writer husband Lamar Sally on August 13. The co-host of "The View" came out with the candid confession when sharing personal details about her nuptials during the season 15 premiere of the daytime talk show.
On the Tuesday (September 6) edition, the 44-year-old spilled, "One of my bridesmaids, I think it was Niecy Nash, said, 'Don't wear any underwear'." She continued to explain, "They knew me and Sal had been celibate for 11 months, so [she wanted me to do] anything [I could] do to get him turned back on."
Sherri, however, learned that ditching underwear wasn't exactly her best decision. The "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire" actress, who had her wedding filmed for Style Network's "Wedding Fabulous: Sherri Shepherd Gets Married" airing September 13, recounted the moment when her microphone fell down her back.
Since the missing mic had to be retrieved quickly, network workers began lifting her dress to find it, which sent Sherri panicking. She recalled, "I was screaming, 'No, I have no panties on.' And one bridesmaid thought I kept screaming, 'My pancreas! My pancreas!' " Her colleague, Elisabeth Hasselbeck, who served as her bridesmaid, added, "I was ready to slap you."
The Tuesday edition of "The View" also saw co-host Joy Behar talking about her surprise wedding on August 11. The 68-year-old credited the legalization of gay marriage in New York for it as saying, "It brought to my consciousness why gays needed to get married... And I thought it was a good reason for me to get married. And so did Steve, so we did it."
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd