Michael Pedicone Confesses He Had Issue With One of MCR Members
Seeing that writing short tweets was not enough, Michael Pedicone decided to address his firing from My Chemical Romance in a longer statement. The former MCR drummer took to Kerrang! to talk about the matter and clarify some rumors.
"To the media, my colleagues in the music industry, and, most importantly, the fans of My Chemical Romance," the drummer began. "As many of you have heard by now, on Thursday evening I was let go as the touring drummer for MCR."
"The ensuing hours have been difficult for many reasons, but particularly because the actions that led to my dismissal have been twisted and misinterpreted via rumour mongering on the internet. With this, I'd like to put the rumours to rest."
He continued by confessing that since the first time he joined the band, he has run "into problems with a member of the band's crew." Without mentioning who the person was, he added, "The problems were many, big and small, but some of them were large enough that they began to greatly impact me and, by extension, my family."
"I'd reached my wits' end, and I made what was certainly the poorest decision of my life. Rather than address the issues that I had with the crew member in an open and honest manner, I tried to make them look irresponsible. My intention was to make this person look incompetent. I had no intention of profiting whatsoever."
"Again, I cannot overstate how poor my judgment was in this situation; it was a tremendous mistake, and it's one I'll regret for years to come," he went on. "I would have liked an opportunity to share my side of the story with MCR, an opportunity to express my remorse. I was never given one."
"I'd like to thank MCR's members, crew, and supporters for giving me some of the best musical experiences of my life in the past several months. However brief our partnership, it was an honour and a dream come true to play with such a talented bunch of individuals. I wish MCR the best of luck in the future, and I'm looking forward to my next endeavour," he ended his statement.
Michael Pedicone joined Gerard Way and friends in My Chemical Romance in late 2010 as a replacement for Bob Bryar who left the band in March the same year. Now that he no longer plays for the band, Jarrod Alexander of the Dead Country is tapped to fill in the vacant slot for the remaining of their Honda Civic tour.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie