Regis Philbin Announces Last Day on 'Live' Show
Regis Philbin has set his last day on "Live with Regis and Kelly". Revealing the date to the viewers, the 80-year-old said on the Tuesday (September 6) episode of the show, "Friday, November 18 is my last day," before adding, "But don't worry, the show goes on."
In anticipation of this, Philbin had kicked off the "Regis Farewell Celebration Season" on Monday, September 5. For this segment, the singer/actor invited fans to send video tributes and photos of themselves holding signs reading "Regis" or "Smile". Fans can also create a video to let "Regis know what he means to you", which can be submitted to the show's official website.
Meanwhile, a new nostalgia-themed program called "Live's Flashback Trivia" is introduced to highlight Philbin's top moments and reminisce about classic memories. Some of his favorite guests, including Matt Damon, Salma Hayek and Tom Selleck, will additionally return to have a chat with him for one last time.
Philbin announced his retirement from the show, which has hosted for 28 years, in January this year. No new co-host has been named yet to accompany Kelly Ripa, while the former "America's Got Talent" host recently said he would like to see "Dancing with the Stars" host Tom Bergeron as his replacement.
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy
- Is Ben Affleck Done Playing Batman? WB Reportedly Plans His Exit
- Is Meek Mill Finally Ready to End Longtime Feud With Drake?
- This Trangender Performer Suggests She Had an Affair With Kanye West
- Block B's U-Kwon Tells a Fan She Looks Like Crap
- Louis Tomlinson Says His Mom's Dying Wish Was for Him to Reconcile With Zayn Malik