Regis Philbin Announces Last Day on 'Live' Show
Regis Philbin has set his last day on "Live with Regis and Kelly". Revealing the date to the viewers, the 80-year-old said on the Tuesday (September 6) episode of the show, "Friday, November 18 is my last day," before adding, "But don't worry, the show goes on."
In anticipation of this, Philbin had kicked off the "Regis Farewell Celebration Season" on Monday, September 5. For this segment, the singer/actor invited fans to send video tributes and photos of themselves holding signs reading "Regis" or "Smile". Fans can also create a video to let "Regis know what he means to you", which can be submitted to the show's official website.
Meanwhile, a new nostalgia-themed program called "Live's Flashback Trivia" is introduced to highlight Philbin's top moments and reminisce about classic memories. Some of his favorite guests, including Matt Damon, Salma Hayek and Tom Selleck, will additionally return to have a chat with him for one last time.
Philbin announced his retirement from the show, which has hosted for 28 years, in January this year. No new co-host has been named yet to accompany Kelly Ripa, while the former "America's Got Talent" host recently said he would like to see "Dancing with the Stars" host Tom Bergeron as his replacement.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce