Regis Philbin Announces Last Day on 'Live' Show
Regis Philbin has set his last day on "Live with Regis and Kelly". Revealing the date to the viewers, the 80-year-old said on the Tuesday (September 6) episode of the show, "Friday, November 18 is my last day," before adding, "But don't worry, the show goes on."
In anticipation of this, Philbin had kicked off the "Regis Farewell Celebration Season" on Monday, September 5. For this segment, the singer/actor invited fans to send video tributes and photos of themselves holding signs reading "Regis" or "Smile". Fans can also create a video to let "Regis know what he means to you", which can be submitted to the show's official website.
Meanwhile, a new nostalgia-themed program called "Live's Flashback Trivia" is introduced to highlight Philbin's top moments and reminisce about classic memories. Some of his favorite guests, including Matt Damon, Salma Hayek and Tom Selleck, will additionally return to have a chat with him for one last time.
Philbin announced his retirement from the show, which has hosted for 28 years, in January this year. No new co-host has been named yet to accompany Kelly Ripa, while the former "America's Got Talent" host recently said he would like to see "Dancing with the Stars" host Tom Bergeron as his replacement.
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'